Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: No Fly Zone Over Lybia...

Quote Originally Posted by magicalman9357 View Post
    I wish the world would live in peace.
    Never has and never will. Its in our nature, I suppose the human species could evolve their way out of it but that would take another few million years by which time the magnetic field at the centre of the earth would have died away and the planet will be uninhabitable anyway and resemble how Mars is now.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to willyup For This Useful Post:

magicalman9357 (20-03-11)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by willyup View Post
    Never has and never will. Its in our nature, I suppose the human species could evolve their way out of it but that would take another few million years by which time the magnetic field at the centre of the earth would have died away and the planet will be uninhabitable anyway and resemble how Mars is now.
    Well said willyup and yes I don't really see any practical way either. Nice wish though.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to magicalman9357 For This Useful Post:

willyup (20-03-11)

Reviews

I believe the only way that the people of earth will live in peace is if something else is threatening earth. Be it aliens or an asteroid or something.
    Empty vessels makes the most noise.

200+ not out.

Crikey!!! bummer... and I just got new curtains

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Quarterpoundher For This Useful Post:

willyup (20-03-11)

Quote Originally Posted by magicalman9357 View Post
    Well said willyup and yes I don't really see any practical way either. Nice wish though.
    Aye, It is nice to see the odd sparodic outbreaks of peace around the world every now and then.
    Relations between countries/tribes/races etc are an identical process to the relationships between two individual humans.
    Sometime you love each other and sometimes you dont.
    Look at Japan, hated and despised during WWII and now everyone wants to help them. In another few years someone will hate them again.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to willyup For This Useful Post:

magicalman9357 (20-03-11)

Reviews

Aye, It is nice to see the odd sparodic outbreaks of peace around the world every now and then.
    Relations between countries/tribes/races etc are an identical process to the relationships between two individual humans.
    Sometime you love each other and sometimes you dont.
    Look at Japan, hated and despised during WWII and now everyone wants to help them. In another few years someone will hate them again.
    I can't understand why we are expected to help the Japanese. They are loaded. I saw one house on the tv with 2 boats in the back garden !

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Bruno69 For This Useful Post:

BootSlick55 (20-03-11)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Quarterpoundher View Post
    Only where theres oil so we are safe as long as we never reach peak Guiness.
    Oh we may not have oil, but the colonial powers will eventually realise, we have an abundance of houses!

Not everyone, they still have not formally said sorry to the men and women they brutalised in WW2 and they gloss over that part of history in their education system, until they correct that it can happen again, still no compo for the POW's of River Kwai fame, list goes on.

First step in being fully civilised is to say sorry for mistakes of the past, they have not done that fully. neon lights and bullet trains do not mean they are not capable of a repeat if they cannot even say sorry.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Quarterpoundher For This Useful Post:

willyup (20-03-11)

Quote Originally Posted by Bruno69 View Post
    Oh we may not have oil, but the colonial powers will eventually realise, we have an abundance of houses!
    Sweet holy ghost estate!!! your right, it'll be the wind that shakes the barley and flying colums all over again.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruno69 View Post
    He who controls the oil controls the fate of the world. Good job the yanks are one by one taking out the guys who control it at the moment e.g. Saddam/ Gadaffi. Can you imagine one country having control over it all?.....................Oh wait.....

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast