Thread: What broadband are you using?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blog Entries
    Reviews

Default What broadband are you using?

This thread is ofc for those that have broadband, but I doubt anyone still has dial-up...

I used to have Vodafone that was included in the rent in my old place, and most of the time that was fine.

However, now that I have moved, I got other internet (Eircom) and it kinda sucks as it is free internet shared with the whole neighbourhood around here. If someone is downloading a movie, don't even think about downloading something or playing a game, it's so damn slow that it's even hard to load this website.

I was thinking about getting my own dedicated internet service, and I was always told to stay clear of eircom and vodafone, due to crap service at ridiculous prices (research kind of confirmed this).

I was thinking instead of getting UPC 30 Mb line (I only need a cable television connection, is that right?).

Has anyone got experience with this or with UPC in general concerning broadband?
    Is this the land where sun brightly shines, is this the existence of a heaven's sign?
    Is this the locus the hallowed focus, where grace love and harmony combine?

Rotting Christ - Nemecic

Who Am I? A son of northern darkness.

Your right enough about Eircom, there an absolute rip off. Vodafone are better price wise and there support is generaly better than eircom. Most of the issues people have with vodafone are caused by eircom in th background.
    But if all you want is a dedicated broadband service then UPC are probly the best bet. However be warned though it is getting better there support is shite.

Blog Entries
    Reviews

I'm with imagine wimax 3mb find them very good . doc
    Never mistake kindness for weakness .: doc

Reviews

I've got UPC TV, bb and tel. No complaints really. And while I know UPC has a rep for bad service, my personal experience has always been good.

And no, I don't work for UPC !

Reviews

I'm with Eircom and have no complaints at all. I dont have a Vodafone stick cuz the reception for that type of device where I live is non existent .........

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Well, I've been looking around and UPC provides indeed the best package, however, I did indeed also read many complaints about their Customer Service... Although, name me one company where the CS is always top notch... apart from AIB and the tax revenue I don't really know one...

Banjo, what package of UPC did you get?
    Is this the land where sun brightly shines, is this the existence of a heaven's sign?
    Is this the locus the hallowed focus, where grace love and harmony combine?

Rotting Christ - Nemecic

Who Am I? A son of northern darkness.

Ive got 20mb UPC and its faultless.. i have in a broadband/phone/tv package and am really pleased with it. the thing with upc is that there's no contention ratio so you get the best part of 20mb all of the time.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by robijntje View Post
    Banjo, what package of UPC did you get?
    God I couldn't tell you. It's 20meg bb anyway. In general when I test the line speed it's up around the 17 to 19meg mark which is really good.

Telephone - no idea. It's something like €4 per month or something and then calls. I don't use my landline much for making calls.

And the telly, it's the basic digital pack. Has something like 100 channels including a few HD ones.

It's all plenty for what I want/need. I also prefer paying just one bill insted of three.