Thread: Dylan

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Default Dylan

Thinking of buying a ticket for Dylan at the Marquee, I'm a big fan, but saw him about 10yrs ago and he was truly,truly awful, I know its always a bit of a gamble. Anyone seen him more recently?
    Come in she said "I'll give you shelter from the storm "

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by mellors View Post
    Thinking of buying a ticket for Dylan at the Marquee, I'm a big fan, but saw him about 10yrs ago and he was truly,truly awful, I know its always a bit of a gamble. Anyone seen him more recently?
    I think I was at that gig, in the point?
    Couldn't wait to leave.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Bruno69 For This Useful Post:

mellors (18-03-11)

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by mellors View Post
    Don’t do it ! I am a huge Dylan fan and I even travelled to Paris to see him on his reportedly last European tour, it was horrific !
    It's like all the songs you know and love from 'Blood on the Tracks' or 'Desire' or 'Bringing it all Back home' (my personal 3 fav's) but you can hardly recognize them the way he sings them now....I mean he was half way through 'Tangled up in Blue' before I even know what song it was !!! I was Gutted !!

I hate to say this but if you love Dylan then do yourself a favor and give it a miss !
    Be all that you can be......Just as long as you are Free !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cnsq9XtpmEk

5. The Following User Says Thank You to TheH For This Useful Post:

mellors (18-03-11)

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Thanks The H, that about sums it up, long rambling indeciprable songs, sort of destroys the myth.
    OK Nick Cave/Grinderman it is ( now if only I could shake of the tinnitus from standing too close to the PA at a Motorhead gig I'll be sorted)
    Come in she said "I'll give you shelter from the storm "

how bad must dylan sound to sound like shit to his fans ? he was never ever able to sing .........................

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Alec Horan View Post
    how bad must dylan sound to sound like shit to his fans ? he was never ever able to sing .........................
    Dylan has always been rubbish. He isnt a poet and he isnt a singer!