Thread: Spring is here!!

Reviews

Question Spring is here!!

Ok since spring is here,,,its time for some spring cleaning,,,getting the house and garden right after the shitty winter we had.

Any spring cleaning tips??

I've a deck we put in last summer that's completely covered in green slime and a new lawn we laid that year that the dogs have dug holes everywhere!!

What spring cleaning do you have and what tips can you give to get all back to normal again?

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by hornylimerick View Post
    Ok since spring is here,,,its time for some spring cleaning,,,getting the house and garden right after the shitty winter we had.

Any spring cleaning tips??

I've a deck we put in last summer that's completely covered in green slime and a new lawn we laid that year that the dogs have dug holes everywhere!!

What spring cleaning do you have and what tips can you give to get all back to normal again?
    concrete s ur only man!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to kelso For This Useful Post:

hornylimerick (12-03-11)

Quote Originally Posted by kelso View Post
    concrete s ur only man!

Have to agree, low maintenance gardening every time.

CG

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by kelso View Post
    concrete s ur only man!
    you might think that but i just spent an hour scrubbing green stains and moss off the 2 steps outside my front door! so not that maintenance free

Reviews

HL, The best tip I can give you for the decking is to buy Rachel a power washer and show her how to use it.

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Monkeynut For This Useful Post:

dave1dave (12-03-11), hornylimerick (12-03-11), shake and vac (12-03-11)

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Monkeynut View Post
    HL, The best tip I can give you for the decking is to buy Rachel a power washer and show her how to use it.
    Great tip Monkeynut, a pair of gardening .as an engagement present for Rachel.
    Power wash the deck, you can get stain/ varnish which repels the slime/moss etc.If not get Rachel to slip on it and claim on the insurance for loss of earnings. Rake the areas of dead grass off, get a bit of top soil, level it out, rake, plant some quick seeding grass seed, keep watered. Buy Rachel a lawn mower as a wedding present get her to cut the grass wheen it thickens up. Invoice is in the post.
    Come in she said "I'll give you shelter from the storm "

9. The Following User Says Thank You to mellors For This Useful Post:

hornylimerick (12-03-11)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Monkeynut View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mellors View Post
    Great tip Monkeynut, a pair of gardening .as an engagement present for Rachel.
    Power wash the deck, you can get stain/ varnish which repels the slime/moss etc.If not get Rachel to slip on it and claim on the insurance for loss of earnings. Rake the areas of dead grass off, get a bit of top soil, level it out, rake, plant some quick seeding grass seed, keep watered. Buy Rachel a lawn mower as a wedding present get her to cut the grass wheen it thickens up. Invoice is in the post.
    Thanks for the advice, Looks like your going to have a lot of work to do Rachel

Blog Entries
    Reviews

A bit to do in the garden paint the fence and decking cut the grass.

Blog Entries
    Reviews

I would love to be your next door neighbour. Rachel should probably powerwash the deck in a bikini

There really is a picture for everything !!!

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dave1dave For This Useful Post:

hornylimerick (12-03-11), Monkeynut (12-03-11)