Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Spring is here!!

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    2,419
    Reviews
    51

    Question Spring is here!!

    Ok since spring is here,,,its time for some spring cleaning,,,getting the house and garden right after the shitty winter we had.

    Any spring cleaning tips??

    I've a deck we put in last summer that's completely covered in green slime and a new lawn we laid that year that the dogs have dug holes everywhere!!

    What spring cleaning do you have and what tips can you give to get all back to normal again?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    1,139
    Reviews
    33

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hornylimerick View Post
    Ok since spring is here,,,its time for some spring cleaning,,,getting the house and garden right after the shitty winter we had.

    Any spring cleaning tips??

    I've a deck we put in last summer that's completely covered in green slime and a new lawn we laid that year that the dogs have dug holes everywhere!!

    What spring cleaning do you have and what tips can you give to get all back to normal again?
    concrete s ur only man!

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to kelso For This Useful Post:

    hornylimerick (12-03-11)

  4. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    2,395

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kelso View Post
    concrete s ur only man!

    Have to agree, low maintenance gardening every time.


    CG

  5. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    2,419
    Reviews
    51

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kelso View Post
    concrete s ur only man!
    you might think that but i just spent an hour scrubbing green stains and moss off the 2 steps outside my front door! so not that maintenance free

  6. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    France and Ireland
    Posts
    2,938
    Reviews
    22

    Default

    HL, The best tip I can give you for the decking is to buy Rachel a power washer and show her how to use it.

  7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Monkeynut For This Useful Post:

    dave1dave (12-03-11), hornylimerick (12-03-11), shake and vac (12-03-11)

  8. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Up to my knees in it
    Posts
    6,051
    Blog Entries
    5
    Reviews
    43

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Monkeynut View Post
    HL, The best tip I can give you for the decking is to buy Rachel a power washer and show her how to use it.
    Great tip Monkeynut, a pair of gardening .as an engagement present for Rachel.
    Power wash the deck, you can get stain/ varnish which repels the slime/moss etc.If not get Rachel to slip on it and claim on the insurance for loss of earnings. Rake the areas of dead grass off, get a bit of top soil, level it out, rake, plant some quick seeding grass seed, keep watered. Buy Rachel a lawn mower as a wedding present get her to cut the grass wheen it thickens up. Invoice is in the post.
    Come in she said "I'll give you shelter from the storm "

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to mellors For This Useful Post:

    hornylimerick (12-03-11)

  10. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    2,419
    Reviews
    51

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Monkeynut View Post
    HL, The best tip I can give you for the decking is to buy Rachel a power washer and show her how to use it.
    Quote Originally Posted by mellors View Post
    Great tip Monkeynut, a pair of gardening .as an engagement present for Rachel.
    Power wash the deck, you can get stain/ varnish which repels the slime/moss etc.If not get Rachel to slip on it and claim on the insurance for loss of earnings. Rake the areas of dead grass off, get a bit of top soil, level it out, rake, plant some quick seeding grass seed, keep watered. Buy Rachel a lawn mower as a wedding present get her to cut the grass wheen it thickens up. Invoice is in the post.
    Thanks for the advice, Looks like your going to have a lot of work to do Rachel

  11. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Sitting under an orange tree in the sunshine state
    Posts
    10,200
    Blog Entries
    2
    Reviews
    8

    Default

    A bit to do in the garden paint the fence and decking cut the grass.

  12. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    3,919
    Blog Entries
    1
    Reviews
    33

    Default

    I would love to be your next door neighbour. Rachel should probably powerwash the deck in a bikini



    There really is a picture for everything !!!

  13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dave1dave For This Useful Post:

    hornylimerick (12-03-11), Monkeynut (12-03-11)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •