Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Banned user

Default Banned user

Hi everyone,

I have banned user Jacksparrow2010 for failure to comply with a manager's request regarding a rule we have on the forums. Before any speculation arises from this, I would like to say that he stated I should ban as he will not comply with my request, so that is exactly what I have done.

This is yet another sad example of people being some sort of 'martyr' to their cause. The mods and managers are here to try and resolve issues and it's incidences like this which put us in a position where we have to be fair and consitent with the rules and end up looking like the bad guys for taking action.

The reason I am putting up this thread is because 1) I anticipate yet another thread being thrown up to illustrate why we have been (once again) too 'heavy handed' and 2) to point out how pointless it is to go on a Kamakaze mission of martyrdom to prove a point; needless to say he has already returned under another profile to continue a debate he chose to finish.

Let's please just be sensible here and have a craic and healthy debates rather than getting too personal. I know it's an adult forum, so let's not be childish about things.

2. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to samlad For This Useful Post:

CoolJay (09-03-11), JohnRambo (10-03-11), Lincoln (09-03-11), lovethegirls (10-03-11), Lucy Chambers (09-03-11), Rockmunky (09-03-11), Shirley Joy (09-03-11), ThomasJ (09-03-11), TiffanyTees (09-03-11)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by samlad View Post
    Hi everyone,

I have banned user Jacksparrow2010 for failure to comply with a manager's request regarding a rule we have on the forums. Before any speculation arises from this, I would like to say that he stated I should ban as he will not comply with my request, so that is exactly what I have done.

This is yet another sad example of people being some sort of 'martyr' to their cause. The mods and managers are here to try and resolve issues and it's incidences like this which put us in a position where we have to be fair and consitent with the rules and end up looking like the bad guys for taking action.

The reason I am putting up this thread is because 1) I anticipate yet another thread being thrown up to illustrate why we have been (once again) too 'heavy handed' and 2) to point out how pointless it is to go on a Kamakaze mission of martyrdom to prove a point; needless to say he has already returned under another profile to continue a debate he chose to finish.

Let's please just be sensible here and have a craic and healthy debates rather than getting too personal. I know it's an adult forum, so let's not be childish about things.
    Dont know about everyone else but this martyr thing is sooooo boring to me.

Samlad..... we are grown men here so why cant we be childish? Its what we do best.

Quote Originally Posted by Monkeynut View Post
    Dont know about everyone else but this martyr thing is sooooo boring to me.

Samlad..... we are grown men here so why cant we be childish? Its what we do best.
    Well, when I say 'childish' I meant in the sort of sense of it being a martyr and upsetting people really.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to samlad For This Useful Post:

Monkeynut (09-03-11)

6. Default

samlad what did he not do?

Reviews

Captain Jack??

But he's a decent skin, Sammy!!!

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mousey For This Useful Post:

City Gent (09-03-11), dave1dave (09-03-11)

Quote Originally Posted by Mousey View Post
    Captain Jack??

But he's a decent skin, Sammy!!!
    That's what I thought too.

Blog Entries
    Reviews

It's hard to evaluate the banning decision itself without knowing what the request was, but I think posting was the correct thing to do. I've said many times that when people are banned we should, where possible, be told who was banned, for how long, and why. We aren't quite at that point yet, but this thread is at least a step in the right direction.

“I wish you wouldn’t keep appearing and vanishing so suddenly; you make one quite giddy!”
    “All right,” said the Cat; and this time it vanished quite slowly, beginning with the end of the tail, and ending with the grin, which remained some time after the rest of it had gone.

11. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to El Gordo For This Useful Post:

dave1dave (09-03-11), hornylimerick (09-03-11), Lucy Chambers (09-03-11), monster_monster (09-03-11), wanted the best 69 (09-03-11)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by samlad View Post
    Hi everyone,

I needless to say he has already returned under another profile to continue a debate he chose to finish.
    What is his new user name?

Quote Originally Posted by hornylimerick View Post
    What is his new user name?
    Samlad !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Alec Horan View Post
    Samlad !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    LOL! Nah, that was issued by the Gestapo to me!

His psuedonym (now banned) is LYNX.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to samlad For This Useful Post:

hornylimerick (09-03-11)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast