Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Super Reds

Quote Originally Posted by corkpunter View Post
    The only ones saying this is Sky when they try once again to sell Sky Sports to you. Everyone else should be able to see that Barca and RM are leaps and bounds ahead of any team in England, though I've probably jinxed it now and Arsenal will win against them on Tuesday.
    i watch a lot of la liga...and to be honest mate take barca(the best team i have ever seen) and rm out of it and its no great shakes either...but dont worry arsenal will get hammered.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by benin View Post
    sadly that adverage side you speak of are probably one of the top 2 in the league...i agree with you by the way...but it does not say much for "the best league in the world"
    Totally agree with you re Utd being one of the top 2, but they flattered to deceive all season due to the fact that chelsea are in decline, liverpool were a complete shambles, man city cant get a proper balance, and arsenal are still lacking, plus the fact their hardest fixtures were in the second half of the season, that was my main point but I agree with you.
    6 weeks ago the media and a lot of Utd fans I know were talking about the "invincibles", which was premature and massively flattering, the last 7 days has proven that.

As for the PL, this is exactly why its the best in the world, its so unpredictable, the likes of Utd getting beaten by wolves(who were bottom of the league at the time), or birmingham beating arsenal in a cup final just doesnt happen in Spain or any of the other top leagues.
    Its by far the best league for the neutral, if there were a Barca in this league, it would have been over in November, and that wouldnt be very exciting. Lets not forget Liverpool were easily beaten by West Ham last week.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Marko1980 For This Useful Post:

benin (06-03-11)

Reviews

With regard to the point you made about Barca winnin the prem league by nov , i think Barca would struggle against the likes of Stoke , Wolves , Bolton in away matches . La Liga football would not transfer as easily as people think into a winning formula across the water , whereas i think the top prem sides could do very well playin in the Spanish league
    I have no signature at the moment

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Marko1980 View Post
    Totally agree with you re Utd being one of the top 2, but they flattered to deceive all season due to the fact that chelsea are in decline, liverpool were a complete shambles, man city cant get a proper balance, and arsenal are still lacking, plus the fact their hardest fixtures were in the second half of the season, that was my main point but I agree with you.
    6 weeks ago the media and a lot of Utd fans I know were talking about the "invincibles", which was premature and massively flattering, the last 7 days has proven that.

As for the PL, this is exactly why its the best in the world, its so unpredictable, the likes of Utd getting beaten by wolves(who were bottom of the league at the time), or birmingham beating arsenal in a cup final just doesnt happen in Spain or any of the other top leagues.
    Its by far the best league for the neutral, if there were a Barca in this league, it would have been over in November, and that wouldnt be very exciting. Lets not forget Liverpool were easily beaten by West Ham last week.

spot on marko
    we were awaful after the 2nd goal and pool were able to stroke the ball around
    we need vidic back big style, but i agree there sno stand ouot team this year, this utd tema is probably the least talented of last 10 years but they will still be top come may!

Reviews

Not a fan of either United or Liverpool, but fair play to Liverpool - not just for this game but for the way they've completely regained form. Kenny Dalgish was a real legend as a player. He looks like he might have the potential to achieve as much as a manager, and thats saying a lot. Fair play lads.
    "Don't be reckless with other people’s hearts. Don't put up with people who are reckless with yours"

Quote Originally Posted by Morpheus View Post
    Not a fan of either United or Liverpool, but fair play to Liverpool - not just for this game but for the way they've completely regained form. Kenny Dalgish was a real legend as a player. He looks like he might have the potential to achieve as much as a manager, and thats saying a lot. Fair play lads.

wtf ! what age are you......double in 86.......... blackburn 95.......!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Alec Horan View Post
    wtf ! what age are you......double in 86.......... blackburn 95.......!!!!!!!!!
    If i remember, he was useless at Newcastle though. Took Keegans brilliant team apart and got guys like David batty and bored everyone? The geordies hated his negative football. He probably suits Liverpool though - just belongs there.

Reviews

Isnt it amazing how quiet Man U fans go when they loose,made my day,interesting to see if Arsenal win the league,exciting run in.

Reviews

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Mousey For This Useful Post:

corkpunter (07-03-11)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12