Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Irish weddings

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by ladiesman217 View Post
    Don't talk to me about drunk uncles at weddings... And cousins... And... Well freakin' everybody! But sure tis all a bit of craic. Pictures of drunk relatives dancing on tables and making a holy show of themselves = priceless. Ah tis good to be Irish
    Tis what the Irish are good at the Craic agus ceoil.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by corkpunter View Post
    Row the boat or whatever it is called. My first introduction to an Irish disco when I came over here a log time ago. Even the bar staff was at it, so couldn't get served. And every single wedding I have been to over here has had it. **Shudders**
    it's "Rock the Boat" you Irish wedding n00b But I do agree with you, it is the most horrendous thing that happens at irish weddings and country discos.

as someone pointed out earlier the main thing that wrecks Irish weddings is pandering to the oldies, who really cares if some aunt/uncle you haven't seen and don't want at your wedding doesn't like the music.

when weddings are done correctly I have always had a great time at them and for Jessy, yes there has even been professional Irish dancing.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to monster_monster For This Useful Post:

Fitzy (04-03-11)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by JessicaJessy View Post
    I thought that maybe you are having some irish dance(which i know is very hard!) or something that would be traditional..............
    Traditional Irish drinking only..!!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to hitman76 For This Useful Post:

ChiefHandker (04-03-11)

Quote Originally Posted by JessicaJessy View Post
    I thought that maybe you are having some irish dance(which i know is very hard!) or something that would be traditional..............
    Jessica...it depends on what part of the country you are in...if the families have any connection to the tradition of irish music then you can be assured of great craic to be had for everyone regardless of ability to dance sets or otherwise....i recently played for a wedding of australians and irish and we had them all dancing and most of them had never tried it before...they were all pissing themselves laffing at the end...thats the point...you enjoy yourself...its a mechanism for people to come together and drop inhibitions...it can be great fun.....this isnt typical...but it is a frequent ocurrence

I hate rock the boat and that song "is this the way to amarillo"....what a load of horseshit...what are weddings like where u come from Jessy

Blog Entries

I thing about Irish weddings is that somebody, usually someone Irish, is going to act the fool

Reviews

been to a few weddings here and abroad there is a deference in some ways but the irish weddings can be great fun as long as nobody trys to be a totel ass and ruin the hole day for the bride and groom

but nearly every irish wedding will have every body getting pissed and dancing like a monkey with rabies by the end of the night ....
    ................................................................................ ....... ................................................................................

Blog Entries
    Reviews

I think weddings everywhere are the same, maybe Irish weddings also have traditional Irish folk music to which you can dance.

If they're the same as Belgian ones, NEVER GO TO ONE, if you don't get married yourself.

The boredom is simply not worth it.
    Is this the land where sun brightly shines, is this the existence of a heaven's sign?
    Is this the locus the hallowed focus, where grace love and harmony combine?

Rotting Christ - Nemecic

Who Am I? A son of northern darkness.

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by anitasizzle View Post
    I thing about Irish weddings is that somebody, usually someone Irish, is going to act the fool
    That goes without saying LoL.

Reviews

I think weddings are only suited for couples. They can be very lonely places for single people. I go to a few weddings every year. I refuse the odd one too. It's difficult to go to them all as their expensive. I went to one a month ago and I have two more to go to later on in the year. It's very depressing when your at a table and your the odd one out. All the rest at the table are either married or a couple. Every wedding I've been to is exactly the same. Their very long drawn out days. The meal isn't untill the eveing and your usually starving by then and half drunk! Theres the long drawn out speeches. The table bets on how long it will last. The only good part is the food. Sometimes your only given enough that would feed a small animal Then the depressing part starts the bad showband starts. This is the point where you hit the drink hard to beat the boredom By the time the cheesy dj comes on with rock the boat, ymca etc I'm steamed up and you can't get me off the dance floor pulling out every fine loooking woman to dance. That's when it starts to get good when I'm drunk and fed. It's drink and food that are the best thing about an Irish wedding

That's not the end of it. The day after is usually better. Theres usally a little wedding party the next day for those that are still surviving.
    Help Keyla in her fight with cancer. Every little helps.
    It could happen to any of us.
    https://gofund.me/8e340537

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast