Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bike question

Reviews

Lightbulb Bike question

Hi everyone.

To cut a long story short, i am sick of cycling to work - which is quite a journey to be honest, my mountain bike is not in the best of shape, and i do not drive a car - or anything else for that matter, i haven't done any driving test yet. I was thinking about getting a racer bike, but then i thought i could get myself a fairly decent second-hand scooter/motorbike/moped thing. I have never ridden one of these, i haven't really got the faintest idea to be honest. I have looked at a few very nice decent one's on a couple of websites and all i want to know is, - forgetting about all the legal stuff such as a licence, tax, insurance etc for the moment - i want to know is are they as easy as paying the person the money for the thing, getting the keys to it and then riding it back home? What exactly do i do? Is it just a foot pedal the same as a car, or is it a really awkward machine to get the hang of? I really want to get one soon because i need something like this for very early starts/very late night finishes. Thanks.

Please reply in your thousands as i am thick as....

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Rod Stewart View Post
    Hi everyone.

To cut a long story short, i am sick of cycling to work - which is quite a journey to be honest, my mountain bike is not in the best of shape, and i do not drive a car - or anything else for that matter, i haven't done any driving test yet. I was thinking about getting a racer bike, but then i thought i could get myself a fairly decent second-hand scooter/motorbike/moped thing. I have never ridden one of these, i haven't really got the faintest idea to be honest. I have looked at a few very nice decent one's on a couple of websites and all i want to know is, - forgetting about all the legal stuff such as a licence, tax, insurance etc for the moment - i want to know is are they as easy as paying the person the money for the thing, getting the keys to it and then riding it back home? What exactly do i do? Is it just a foot pedal the same as a car, or is it a really awkward machine to get the hang of? I really want to get one soon because i need something like this for very early starts/very late night finishes. Thanks.

i would buy a Vespa scooter with at least 125cc:

I had a scooter myself a few years ago. Didn't have any clue of driving and I drove it straightaway, it's easy peasy.
    But if you think it's not consider as well an electric bike, you don't need a licence or insurance for it as far as I know.

I left it at work until I get myself sorted with the insurance and staff, I already had a L provisional driving licence (the old style).
    And I came back to see it a pile of iron bits ... some youngster(s) though it's funny to distroy it ...
    Last edited by Amy Alison; 05-03-11 at 21:04.

Reviews

are you thinking of becoming a mod

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	motor-scooters-misc-mods-wing-mirrors.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	48.5 KB 
ID:	37583

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by 69patrick69 View Post
    are you thinking of becoming a mod

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	motor-scooters-misc-mods-wing-mirrors.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	48.5 KB 
ID:	37583
    it could prove unlucky to drop that bike.

Reviews

ah you may as well go all the way and ride a super bike

Thank you all the ladies I had pleasure of meeting. Forever grateful for the memories

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Rod Stewart View Post

are they as easy as paying the person the money for the thing, getting the keys to it and then riding it back home? What exactly do i do? Is it just a foot pedal the same as a car, or is it a really awkward machine to get the hang of?

It's pretty easy really. I suppose it depends on the model but basically you put the key in, press the button to start it, turn the right handle bar to go and you're away. Don't think there's a foot pedal on any model, certainly none I've ever driven. The brakes are on the handle bars, exactly like a bicycle.

I find them very easy to use. They're light and very maneuverable. (I've no idea how to spell maneuverable).

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Rodney69 View Post
    ah you may as well go all the way and ride a super bike

Jesus that bike is about to disappear .......

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Smile

Honda do a nice range of scooters from 125cc to 650 worth taking a look at.

Reviews

Dont buy a Vespa or anything else with small wheels. Potholes.

Buy a Honda 125 single cylinder and service it regularly and you'll have a bike for life.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast