Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: incoming friend requests

Reviews

Default incoming friend requests

every now and then one of these pops up. so-and-so wants to be friend with you.
    now, im not against this but i really dont see the point of it if its someone that you have never had any communication with before. maybe if they had to give a reason why they are requesting it (maybe it was something you said in a post) it would clarify things a little?
    see you next tuesday

Quote Originally Posted by bhoywonder View Post
    every now and then one of these pops up. so-and-so wants to be friend with you.
    now, im not against this but i really dont see the point of it if its someone that you have never had any communication with before. maybe if they had to give a reason why they are requesting it (maybe it was something you said in a post) it would clarify things a little?
    i find it strange.... you have friends???...lol (sorry mate)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to benin For This Useful Post:

bhoywonder (25-02-11)

will you be my pal?
    I always accept a friend request so long as the person isn't a dingbat... do you have any problem accepting friend reqs from hot ladies?
    to your question of what's the point- it's nice to keep track of your online buddies.. doesn't mean you'll be waving ( or crossing) swords with them..
    Last edited by Franken996; 25-02-11 at 17:21.

Reviews

making friends is a subtle thing, it's a compliment, hopefully.

Reviews

I don't get the point either, I guess some people don't have real life friends so this is their kind of facebook.
    Anything's a dildo if you're brave enough.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to punterminator For This Useful Post:

bhoywonder (25-02-11)

Reviews

the likes of john rambo and ric flair are people i respect so thats why i have accepted or asked for the friend request. its not as if we always chat together or meet up for pints!! but im constantly getting these friend requests from people who i havent an iota who they are. as i said earlier if it was something i said in a post then it would be nice if they could include a reason in the request when they send it. and tbh i dont take it too seriously anyway
    see you next tuesday

Reviews

will you be my friend please b-wonder

FWIW- over here in the US where I hang out on a similar board the same friend thing exists... but the way the board operates is a little different- e.g. you generally have to have at least 70 posts and at least a review before you get PM rights. ( stay with me here..)
    Several of these boards including EI & one I mention above use a suite of software called vBulletin.. from what I can tell- this friend request thing is one of the built-in functionalities- it's probably has more utility on (say) an Angling Board... although over here in the States some of us meet up at Parties in the real world ( see my posts from last night) so the Friend thing does have some use...

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by john connor View Post
    will you be my friend please b-wonder
    no..........................
    see you next tuesday

Reviews

i'm looking for some new friends, females welcome

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast