Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 95

Thread: Let's Stop Pretending that Irish is Alive and Well...

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Cuntflaps
    Posts
    8,253
    Reviews
    10

    Default Let's Stop Pretending that Irish is Alive and Well...


  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    1,139
    Reviews
    33

    Default

    its alive and well in maybe 5-10 areas of the country and possibly 5% of the population are fluent, i wdnt say as a whole it is in healthy state wud you?

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    3,919
    Blog Entries
    1
    Reviews
    33

    Default

    Ní féidir liom a thuiscint.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Bedrock
    Posts
    4,572
    Reviews
    55

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mousey View Post
    Nách raibh tú abálta an chéist a chuir i nGaeilge ?


  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Pallet Town
    Posts
    5,879
    Reviews
    38

    Default

    I know nobody who speaks or has any interest in teh Gaeilge. Its cool if ppl wanna speak it, but I'm not buying this whole "alive and well" thing.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Bedrock
    Posts
    4,572
    Reviews
    55

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rayden View Post
    I know nobody who speaks or has any interest in teh Gaeilge. Its cool if ppl wanna speak it, but I'm not buying this whole "alive and well" thing.
    it is alive an well in certain areas of the country.
    but in the country as a whole no

    Tá sé béo béitheach in ceantracha eigsuala dén tír
    ach ín sán tír már iomlán níl
    Last edited by 69patrick69; 23-02-11 at 21:27.


  7. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Pallet Town
    Posts
    5,879
    Reviews
    38

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 69patrick69 View Post
    it is alive an well in certain areas of the country.
    but in the country as a whole no

    Tá sé béo béitheach in ceantracha eigsuala dén tír
    ach ín sán tír már iomlán níl
    I agree with part 1.

    Part 2, I'll take your word for it.

  8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rayden For This Useful Post:

    69patrick69 (23-02-11), Super ModeratorNatasha (03-04-11)

  9. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    In a cathouse
    Posts
    3,548
    Blog Entries
    1
    Reviews
    26

    Default

    I don't honestly remember the last time I heard someone speak Irish to communicate, as opposed to speaking Irish simply to speak Irish. It's been years, certainly. Maybe that's because I live in Dublin, but I doubt it is very different in most of the country.
    Last edited by El Gordo; 23-02-11 at 21:51.

    “I wish you wouldn’t keep appearing and vanishing so suddenly; you make one quite giddy!”
    “All right,” said the Cat; and this time it vanished quite slowly, beginning with the end of the tail, and ending with the grin, which remained some time after the rest of it had gone.

  10. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Look behind you
    Posts
    16,657

    Default

    I think the only time Irish is spoken is when they realise the is an english person in their midst

    I mean, on a serious note, any one found a use for latin or ancient greek yet?

    If life gives you lemons ask for Tequila

    Only sad bastards seek gratification from signatures

  11. #10
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Pallet Town
    Posts
    5,879
    Reviews
    38

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lucy chambers View Post
    I think the only time Irish is spoken is when they realise the is an english person in their midst

    I mean, on a serious note, any one found a use for latin or ancient greek yet?

    I think it's the same deal with Welsh.

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •