Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: GAA heads please!

Blog Entries
    Reviews

To be honest Dublins overall record is a bit abysmal, they have almost half the population at their disposal get to play all their
    important championship fixtures at a home venue, yet they last won a hurling All-Ireland in 1938 and its 1995 since they won
    the football All- Ireland, in a fit of total despair the GAA games committe has decided this year that they will play their home
    league games as double headers in Croke Park to try and give them every chance they can to win something. If this dosent
    work this year next year they will probably give them the trophys and pretend they won them.
    Blatant promotion should be outlawed
    but
    Vincent Browne is a Hero

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ber For This Useful Post:

qcumber (22-02-11), tuam sham (23-02-11)

Blog Entries
    Reviews

The DUBS were genetically small, the culchies were bigger than us ,this was down to diet ,Growing up in an agricultural area you had a better diet ,so you were bigger faster and stronger ,plus it dosent help that the ball is in the fecking air for most of the game ,jaysus imagine how great jason would have been if he was over 5ft
    a thousand kisses deep..

Reviews

In Kerry I dont really think there is any anomosity towards the Dubs. If anything there is a healthy respect for the way the Dubs play football. No "puke football" or anything like that, the Dubs alway try to play good attacking football. IMO, from my travels around the country there seems to be an "anytihng but Kerry" attitude when Kerry are playing(granted Paul Galvin doesnt help the image at times).

When Dublin were playing Cork last year you can hazard a guess who the most of Kerry fans were rooting for .

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Ric Hardgear View Post
    The DUBS were genetically small, the culchies were bigger than us ,this was down to diet ,Growing up in an agricultural area you had a better diet ,so you were bigger faster and stronger ,plus it dosent help that the ball is in the fecking air for most of the game ,jaysus imagine how great jason would have been if he was over 5ft
    Explains it to a certain extent, but most people in Dublin who play football or hurling are probably one or at most two generations removed from the farm/bog........I've seen them......big f**kers dressed up in Garda uniforms.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by takemedrunkimhome View Post
    In Kerry I dont really think there is any anomosity towards the Dubs. If anything there is a healthy respect for the way the Dubs play football. No "puke football" or anything like that, the Dubs alway try to play good attacking football. IMO, from my travels around the country there seems to be an "anytihng but Kerry" attitude when Kerry are playing(granted Paul Galvin doesnt help the image at times).

When Dublin were playing Cork last year you can hazard a guess who the most of Kerry fans were rooting for .
    I don't have to hazard a guess........everytime Paul Galvin sees a Corkman he tries to stick his fist down his throat. The man's a f**king legend and also something of a style icon these days.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by carlos marvado View Post
    I don't have to hazard a guess........everytime Paul Galvin sees a Corkman he tries to stick his fist down his throat. The man's a f**king legend and also something of a style icon these days.
    Yeah the Cork boys certainley know the right buttons to press to get him going, not that it would take too much .

Might not see him playing football for much longer. Like you say Carlos he is dabbling in the fashion industry and he has a regular Friday evening slot with Radio Kerry so maybe him interests lie elsewhere.

I would miss his tussles with his Cork buddies and random referees though

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by takemedrunkimhome View Post
    Yeah the Cork boys certainley know the right buttons to press to get him going, not that it would take too much .

Might not see him playing football for much longer. Like you say Carlos he is dabbling in the fashion industry and he has a regular Friday evening slot with Radio Kerry so maybe him interests lie elsewhere.

I would miss his tussles with his Cork buddies and random referees though
    I can see him in the motion picture business.......there's a bit of the Eric Cantona's and Vinny Jones's about him.......he'd be the best Irish actor at playing the hard man roles.

We have just extended our own Trophy room.
    Not a chance Dublin is winning the hurling this year..

Wah wah wah .... people dont like the dubs wah wah wah ..... cos yere arrogant, loud, and Jackeens...
    as ber said All yere games played at home, etc..
    wots not to dislike about ye !!
    ha haaa Gwan the Cats ..... MIAOW !

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by carlos marvado View Post
    Explains it to a certain extent, but most people in Dublin who play football or hurling are probably one or at most two generations removed from the farm/bog........I've seen them......big f**kers dressed up in Garda uniforms.
    boom outa the park ,carlos on fire,
    a thousand kisses deep..

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast