Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New season of Dragon's Den...

Reviews

Lightbulb New season of Dragon's Den...

tonight is the start of the new series of Irish dragons's den.
    i like the show, it is an antedote to the current trend.

do you think some of the established entrepreneurs (the judges)
    are too condescending on some applicants?

"i have an idea for massive shops with very little goods on display"-

argos!
    Last edited by warmcome; 20-02-11 at 14:26.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to warmcome For This Useful Post:

magicalman9357 (20-02-11)

I absolutely love this show ... Sometimes its a laugh and sometimes so interesting. People have great ideas
    Didn't even know the new season will start tonight
    Thanks for let me know ;-)

Reviews

I think they're fairly gentle with them. maybe that is what you mean. the english version goes for the soundbite putdown much more. that's what makes it so good.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Record 2-time E-I Fantasy Football Champion 2010/11, 2013/14
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Blog Entries

Thanks for the reminder as forgot about it.

Reviews

It's a great show. Usually theres nothing on Sunday nights. Theres a new female jusdge replacing Sarah. She was no good abd only invested once in two series. I think their fairly easy on the entrepenaurs. Gavin Duffy can be abit condescending at times.
    Help Keyla in her fight with cancer. Every little helps.
    It could happen to any of us.
    https://gofund.me/8e340537

Reviews

Just seen it. It is a great show. People do have great ideas.
    “Once Everton has touched you nothing will be the same”
    Alan Ball

Justice For The 96

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by warmcome View Post
    tonight is the start of the new series of Irish dragons's den.
    i like the show, it is an antedote to the current trend.

do you think some of the established entrepreneurs (the judges)
    are too condescending on some applicants?

"i have an idea for massive shops with very little goods on display"-

argos!
    I honestly think they are the biggest shower of dickheads i have ever come across.They are far too arrogant as i find many of the ideas brought onto the show as quite good..there is no point in being a complete prick to the ppl that have spent a lot of time pouring their heart into a new business.They should be encouraged not criticised.

Reviews

What gets me is when they see a good idea and the dragon says "this is a great idea but it's not developed enough for me to invest!"

WTF.....these people have come along looking for assistance.....are the dragons looking for a sure-fire thing where they do nothing just invest their money risk-free!!

10. Default

i don't watch dragon's den. i did the first season, but found it typical of something RTE tries to do. Take someones elses idea and try and put an irish slant on it. it dosen't usually work, and hasn't in this case. its a pale imitation of the original in my opinion. i also don't like the dragons. i think they are too full of themselves. if i was a participant on the program, not that i'd ever be, and i was looking for 20 grand for 5% of my company, that's what i'd give. none of this crap about, ok, i'll give 10 grand, but i want 30%. fuck you. i know some people are desperate to get a bit of backing, but really, if your idea is good, you will make it without having to suffer one of those wankers.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by bigcxxk View Post
    i don't watch dragon's den. i did the first season, but found it typical of something RTE tries to do. Take someones elses idea and try and put an irish slant on it. it dosen't usually work, and hasn't in this case. its a pale imitation of the original in my opinion. i also don't like the dragons. i think they are too full of themselves. if i was a participant on the program, not that i'd ever be, and i was looking for 20 grand for 5% of my company, that's what i'd give. none of this crap about, ok, i'll give 10 grand, but i want 30%. fuck you. i know some people are desperate to get a bit of backing, but really, if your idea is good, you will make it without having to suffer one of those wankers.
    The english show is much better i agree. I think the irish one is great but the panel on the bbc show is much better which makes for a better show.
    “Once Everton has touched you nothing will be the same”
    Alan Ball

Justice For The 96

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast