Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: so called 'friends'

Quote Originally Posted by Experienced Punter esq View Post
    no it would be the same for me Nikky male or female I assure u that...
    Cool. For me too. No matter if female or male friend.

Some ppl just take and never give...
    Last edited by Blond chick NIKKY; 14-02-11 at 19:33.

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Blond chick NIKKY View Post
    I think female friends are more receptive and sensitive for male friends.
    Absolutely, they also put a different perspective on things.
    Come in she said "I'll give you shelter from the storm "

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Experienced Punter esq View Post
    look I'm good natured understanding sensitive but its a tough job listening to such peoples problems when you've got enough on your plate yourself if people see u as an easy exit to their problems they'll use u I thought being honest today & telling her ''I really dont want to get involved in this'' was for the best she left the coffee shop abruptly so be it...
    I think thats the best line to use Exp. And you should probably use it again and again in future, so that she gets the message that she can't use you as an emotional 'dumping ground'.

I'm lucky not to have friends like that. Probably because I don't have time for such individuals.
    "Don't be reckless with other people’s hearts. Don't put up with people who are reckless with yours"

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Morpheus For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by mellors View Post
    Absolutely, they also put a different perspective on things.
    For sure. Yr right. I like my male friends. They see things in different way.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Blond chick NIKKY View Post
    Hey guys. Why u all talk just about yr "female" friend??? U never had "male" friend like that?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lincoln View Post
    Actually yes I have....

They are usually a few years younger than me and usually really pretty and no they NEVER ask how I am.....
    There are both men and women like that Nikky.

However, speaking as as a man, I think men are more likely to fall into the trap of becoming an emotional sponge for a female 'friend' rather than if the friend was a man. And it might be the case in reverse as well? i.e. Women having a higher tolerance for 'takers' if they are male friends?

Again everyone is different but that may be why most of the posters have been referring to 'female friends'.
    "Don't be reckless with other people’s hearts. Don't put up with people who are reckless with yours"

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Morpheus For This Useful Post:

Blond chick NIKKY (14-02-11)

How are you XP ?

Quote Originally Posted by Morpheus View Post
    There are both men and women like that Nikky.

However, speaking as as a man, I think men are more likely to fall into the trap of becoming an emotional sponge for a female 'friend' rather than if the friend was a man. And it might be the case in reverse as well? i.e. Women having a higher tolerance for 'takers' if they are male friends?

Again everyone is different but that may be why most of the posters have been referring to 'female friends'.
    your description 'an emotional sponge' love it!!..

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Experienced Punter esq For This Useful Post:

Morpheus (14-02-11)

Quote Originally Posted by Alec Horan View Post
    How are you XP ?
    not bad Alec feel all alone on Valentines though coming over for meatballs & mash? I have some left I washed my hands...

EP- if you'd like to live somewhere that 50% of the population fits the "emotional sponge" criteria, just hop on over here to the States

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by anon361 View Post
    It's funny but my whole life my closest friends were all women, my best friend is a woman, if I go out it's with women, i find I associated better with women, guys I dunno must be intimidated by me cause I rarely have real male friends, just acquaintances
    You want to get out with the lads once in a while you dont know what your missing out on.
    LoL.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast