Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: New Car

What about a Toyota Prius? Oil price ain't coming down anytime soon...

Quote Originally Posted by hornylimerick View Post
    that's just women drivers, i've a rear wheel drive car, always have, this winter was so much fun, i loved it
    I drive a Z4 very well thank you. Unfortunately you cannot drive it in snow, ice or heavy rain and I have had two accidents in it this year, the first I have had in twelve years of driving.
    If life gives you lemons ask for Tequila

Only sad bastards seek gratification from signatures

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Lucy Chambers For This Useful Post:

hornylimerick (13-02-11)

Quote Originally Posted by lucy chambers View Post
    I drive a Z4 very well thank you. Unfortunately you cannot drive it in snow, ice or heavy rain and I have had two accidents in it this year, the first I have had in twelve years of driving.
    yeah but its a toy..lol

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to benin For This Useful Post:

hornylimerick (13-02-11), Lucy Chambers (13-02-11)

Reviews

when i showed you the Civic, i knew it was a bit flashy.
    i know the feeling, you want something that you will enjoy on the inside,
    f*ck what others may think of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Banjo View Post
    My last car was nicked hense the need for a new one. And I'm liking the suggestion about buying a 5 year old ....

I just want it to be safe and comfy. No big drove of kids .... just the one. Will need space for some crap still though.

And I'd rather it wasn't too flash either. There's nothing better to attract a bunch of assholes than something sparkly .... especially in a recession I'm told.

So what fits the above ? The bit about not wanting to attract people who want to steal it is an important one.
    Audi A6 or BMW 5 series diesel. The BMW 3ltr diesel is an outstandingly good engine.
    Both are nice cars with good driving dynamics, well built, economical, comfortable, have good sized boots/carrying capacity, great cruisers for long journeys and although nice cars are common enough not to attract too much attention.

You can find some very well specced examples in the UK for less money than than you would pay here (inc vrt).

Reviews

All very useful folks. From 5 series to Civics to Z4's to Prius to Avensis to .... hovercraft ????!!

Where's a balance betweer flash and comfort then ? Something high spec but forgetable enough to not attract any undesirable attention. Like, maybe a 5 series crossed with a Lada. Any ideas ??

I drive a 2007 skoda octavia vrs these they are unbelievable cars fit 5 people easily, has a huge boot. I had 2 families christmas food shopping in mine in December and they are great fun. Standard they are 2 litre turbo charged engines with 200 bhp mine at the moment is kicking out about 240 bhp. You can pick up a 2007 one for 10 grand so they are cheap enough too.
    Last edited by shanamaniac; 13-02-11 at 22:17.
    Shit happens when you party naked!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to shanamaniac For This Useful Post:

OnlyMe (14-02-11)

All very useful folks. From 5 series to Civics to Z4's to Prius to Avensis to .... hovercraft ????!!

Where's a balance betweer flash and comfort then ? Something high spec but forgetable enough to not attract any undesirable attention. Like, maybe a 5 series crossed with a Lada. Any ideas ??
    Toyota Avensis but you will lose the will to live within a week of buying it.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to willyup For This Useful Post:

hornylimerick (13-02-11)

Like, maybe a 5 series crossed with a Lada. Any ideas ??
    ummmm a lada 5? lol

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to benin For This Useful Post:

hornylimerick (13-02-11), samlad (13-02-11)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by willyup View Post
    Toyota Avensis but you will lose the will to live within a week of buying it.
    Mmm .... it's also very possible to loose the will to live as a result of someone wanting to steal your car any way necessary.

The Avensis did catch my eye though I must admit. Have only ever been in one as a taxi mind you but thought it was very comfy ....

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast