Thread: The Law

Default The Law

Hi Lads and Ladies,

I just want to remind you all of the laws currently governing prostitution in Ireland.

From Wikipedia:

Prostitution itself is not an offense under Irish law. However, the Criminal Law (Sexual Offences) Act of 1993 prohibits soliciting or importuning another person in a street or public place for the purpose of prostitution (This offense applies to prostitute and client.). It also prohibits loitering for the purpose of prostitution, organizing prostitution by controlling or directing the activities of a person in prostitution, coercing one to practice prostitution for gain, living on earnings of prostitution, and keeping a brothel or other premises for the purpose of prostitution. Advertising brothels and prostitution is prohibited by the Criminal Justice (Public Order) Act of 1994. 18 is the minimum legal age for a prostitute in Ireland (Child prostitution Legislation exits to protect persons under this age.). The Criminal Law (Trafficking in Persons and Sexual Offences) Bill 2006 recently came into force making trafficking in persons for the purpose of their sexual exploitation a specific offence, though previous legislation already covered much of this area.
    Lads I recommend each of you memorize this and know your rights.

Reviews

Default the law

I fought the law anf the law won.