Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 26

Thread: Complaining

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Up to my knees in it
    Posts
    6,051
    Blog Entries
    5
    Reviews
    43

    Default Complaining

    Reading the smoking and Ryan Air posts brought up a valid point. Why don't the Irish complain and do something about it more?
    As I'm not Irish I find it strange that you aren't out on the streets protesting about issues,or just complaining when something isn't right.I was expecting riots when the smoking ban came in,loads of talk but we all just sloped off out into the cold to smoke. Issues gets discussed enough but no action every seems to be taken. .
    Come in she said "I'll give you shelter from the storm "

  2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mellors For This Useful Post:

    10inchesandcounting (07-02-11), Escort Advertiseremmasweet (09-02-11), Mature Busty Siobhan (07-02-11)

  3. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Here, there and everywhere.
    Posts
    14,463
    Blog Entries
    225

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mellors View Post
    Reading the smoking and Ryan Air posts brought up a valid point. Why don't the Irish complain and do something about it more?
    As I'm not Irish I find it strange that you aren't out on the streets protesting about issues,or just complaining when something isn't right.I was expecting riots when the smoking ban came in,loads of talk but we all just sloped off out into the cold to smoke. Issues gets discussed enough but no action every seems to be taken. .
    Good point Mellors. I was living and working in London when the ban came in and it was incredible that even at the train stations everyone I noticed simply accepted the smoking ban. Same as the offices then I think there was some rule that smokers had to be so many feet or metres away from the office to light up. Personally I didn't feel I had a right to complain as if my smoking affects someone elses health then it's wrong. By the way I'm Irish lol

  4. #3
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Dublin
    Posts
    667

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mellors View Post
    Reading the smoking and Ryan Air posts brought up a valid point. Why don't the Irish complain and do something about it more?
    As I'm not Irish I find it strange that you aren't out on the streets protesting about issues,or just complaining when something isn't right.I was expecting riots when the smoking ban came in,loads of talk but we all just sloped off out into the cold to smoke. Issues gets discussed enough but no action every seems to be taken. .

    Well said Mellors the Irish mentality alas is to do fuck all.

  5. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Up to my knees in it
    Posts
    6,051
    Blog Entries
    5
    Reviews
    43

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by magicalman9357 View Post
    Good point Mellors. I was living and working in London when the ban came in and it was incredible that even at the train stations everyone I noticed simply accepted the smoking ban. Same as the offices then I think there was some rule that smokers had to be so many feet or metres away from the office to light up. Personally I didn't feel I had a right to complain as if my smoking affects someone elses health then it's wrong. By the way I'm Irish lol
    Thought you might be Magic ! have no arguement about the smoking issue, perhaps a bad example to use as we all know the health risk. What about the banks, lying politicans, blatant fraud, the economy going down the pan, or the fact that your meal in a restuarant is cold and tastes like ......?
    Come in she said "I'll give you shelter from the storm "

  6. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Here, there and everywhere.
    Posts
    14,463
    Blog Entries
    225

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mellors View Post
    Thought you might be Magic ! have no arguement about the smoking issue, perhaps a bad example to use as we all know the health risk. What about the banks, lying politicans, blatant fraud, the economy going down the pan, or the fact that your meal in a restuarant is cold and tastes like ......?
    I have no problem complaining about a bad meal which I have done at times. As far as the rest of those things go yes you are right as I would complain and moan about it and do nothing about it probably because I believe it would be a waste of time.

  7. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    I travel a lot.
    Posts
    1,383
    Reviews
    21

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by magicalman9357 View Post
    I have no problem complaining about a bad meal which I have done at times. As far as the rest of those things go yes you are right as I would complain and moan about it and do nothing about it probably because I believe it would be a waste of time.
    Much the same - I will complain about bad service etc but for the big things I usually let them slide - I think one of the reasons is that unless drunk most Irish people hate/avoid making a scene.

  8. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Here, there and everywhere.
    Posts
    14,463
    Blog Entries
    225

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ThomasJ View Post
    Much the same - I will complain about bad service etc but for the big things I usually let them slide - I think one of the reasons is that unless drunk most Irish people hate/avoid making a scene.
    Think you hit the nail on the head there ThomasJ. The thought of making a scene really puts me off complaining.

  9. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Up to my knees in it
    Posts
    6,051
    Blog Entries
    5
    Reviews
    43

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ThomasJ View Post
    Much the same - I will complain about bad service etc but for the big things I usually let them slide - I think one of the reasons is that unless drunk most Irish people hate/avoid making a scene.
    This is what i find hard to understand. The people i know and meet here are hardly ones to roll over easily yet as a national psyche that doesn't seem to happen.
    Come in she said "I'll give you shelter from the storm "

  10. #9
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Sitting under an orange tree in the sunshine state
    Posts
    10,200
    Blog Entries
    2
    Reviews
    8

    Angry

    Quote Originally Posted by mellors View Post
    Reading the smoking and Ryan Air posts brought up a valid point. Why don't the Irish complain and do something about it more?
    As I'm not Irish I find it strange that you aren't out on the streets protesting about issues,or just complaining when something isn't right.I was expecting riots when the smoking ban came in,loads of talk but we all just sloped off out into the cold to smoke. Issues gets discussed enough but no action every seems to be taken. .
    Well mellors the Irish are very good at complainig but when it comes to doing something about it we are not very good it's always been like that and I don't think it will change it really does piss me of.

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to Fitzy For This Useful Post:

    El Gordo (07-02-11)

  12. #10
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Dublin
    Posts
    815
    Reviews
    2

    Default

    i'm getting better at complaining the staff in UPC really hate me now.
    but i have gotten about 6 months of free cable tv in the last year so it works out ok to complain.

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to jayf1 For This Useful Post:

    mellors (07-02-11)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •