Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Superbowl- any takers

Default Superbowl- any takers

The Superbowl kicks off here shortly... any fans back in IRL of either the Steelers or Packers?
    When I came to the US first I thought American football to be the biggest waste of time ever played by a bunch of steroid bloated knuckleheads wearing more body armour than the army wondering around Anbar province & the length of a game seems more designed for ad breaks than sport but...
    The more I've watched it, the more I come to understand that it actually contains as much strategy as any professional ball game & some of these players are true athletes;
    > Anybody watching it? ( & yeah I do know it goes on until well after midnight GMT!)

Blog Entries
    Reviews

All the ad breaks are a killer , so not for me .: doc
    Never mistake kindness for weakness .: doc

3. The Following User Says Thank You to dr love For This Useful Post:

Rayden (06-02-11)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Franken996 View Post
    The Superbowl kicks off here shortly... any fans back in IRL of either the Steelers or Packers?
    When I came to the US first I thought American football to be the biggest waste of time ever played by a bunch of steroid bloated knuckleheads wearing more body armour than the army wondering around Anbar province & the length of a game seems more designed for ad breaks than sport but...
    The more I've watched it, the more I come to understand that it actually contains as much strategy as any professional ball game & some of these players are true athletes;
    > Anybody watching it? ( & yeah I do know it goes on until well after midnight GMT!)
    I cant say I am a fan of American Football even though I once went to an NFL game in Tennessee but I might watch some of the Superbowl later.Which team is the favourite to win?
    The Truth is out there.

Blog Entries

Green bay Packers, all the way

Reviews

Took them about a minute to toss a fuckin' coin.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Rayden For This Useful Post:

dr love (06-02-11)

Writing this during an ad break- some of the commercials are priceless & more entertaining than the game;->

Reviews

Yeah the ad breaks & the time outs kill it for me.

Reviews

Kill Bill is on at least. I did try to watch a SB a few years back, didnt even make it to the end of the first period. So boring. I wonder if it were PPV how many would get it.

Quote Originally Posted by spur View Post
    I agree with the good Doc too many add's to many stoppages and it drags on and on.
    i think if you were married and living in the states you would love it......it drags on and on

(naughty benny lol)

Quote Originally Posted by benin View Post
    i think if you were married and living in the states you would love it......it drags on and on

(naughty benny lol)
    Ya think! .... Let's just say I'm doing a little ahem, multitasking at the moment....

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Franken996 For This Useful Post:

benin (07-02-11)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast