Did anyone happen to catch the little article in one of the national newspapers today? An article in which this very site was mentioned? I'm not gonna go into details, but sleazy was frequently used to describe men who "pay for sex". It dealt with the legislation that people want brought into this country, as Sweden did in 1999 to "curb the illegal sex trade". The legislation that will target punters...

Course I "love" the fact that whenever this is brought up in the media, that there is never a single word for those working in this industry who DO IT OF THEIR OWN FREEWILL. Yet again, it is assumed that everyone working in the industry is forced into it and have no choice whatsoever... They never stop to think about those who do this because they want to, never stop to think that this is their profession, something which they FREELY choose to do (for whatever reason).

Yes, of course human trafficking and pimps, etc have to be dealt with. And the number of people being harmed/fall victim to this is sickening. It is absolutely disgusting... But there is never any consideration for the independent women (and men) who enjoy working in this industry. Say this legislation is brought in. Hopefully it would help save those who are victimised and forced into this line of work and give them back their God given right of freedom... But for those who aren't... Well I dunno.

"... charges for her time and companionship only. Anything else that occurs is a matter of coincidence and choice between consenting adults"... Only time will tell I guess...