Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 75

Thread: To be or not to be .......banned

  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Northcider
    Posts
    1,804
    Reviews
    29

    Default To be or not to be .......banned

    That is the question.....when is a ban not a ban!!!

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Outside your window in the bushes!!!
    Posts
    2,965
    Reviews
    6

    Default

    When mistakes are made!

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    2,419
    Reviews
    51

    Default

    seems like bans are being handed out very easy nowadays, often for very little reason, at least they have the sense to reverse when the bans are not justified, credit where credit due, but a bit more thought is needed when handing them out IMO

    it is very easy to be offended if the post is not viewed in the context of the thread and it can be easy to interpert them differently.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    RETIRED FROM POSTING
    Posts
    2,105

    Default

    moderators are too heavily influenced by heartfelt pleas on behalf of banned persons especially for e.g dannyboy people threatening to walk out etc let them walk make yere decision & stick to it....

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to Experienced Punter esq For This Useful Post:

    Mature Busty Siobhan (06-02-11)

  6. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Dublin
    Posts
    1,434
    Reviews
    8

    Default

    It's nice to have the little prick back.

    (hope I don't get banned)

  7. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    5,354

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Experienced Punter esq View Post
    moderators are too heavily influenced by heartfelt pleas on behalf of banned persons especially for e.g dannyboy people threatening to walk out etc let them walk make yere decision & stick to it....
    I think this is a tad unfair Exp P. Part of the mgrs job is to ensure there is consistency in the way decisions are made, and sometimes things get reversed, if its felt that the original decision was not necessary or too harsh. We treat every situation on its own merit and look at the facts of what has been done. Its not a case that personal feeling comes into it at all.

  8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to vampirejackie For This Useful Post:

    OnlyMe (05-02-11), Shirley Joy (06-02-11)

  9. #7
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    RETIRED FROM POSTING
    Posts
    2,105

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vampirejackie View Post
    I think this is a tad unfair Exp P. Part of the mgrs job is to ensure there is consistency in the way decisions are made, and sometimes things get reversed, if its felt that the original decision was not necessary or too harsh. We treat every situation on its own merit and look at the facts of what has been done. Its not a case that personal feeling comes into it at all.
    nothing personal with me but ye need to be consistent or else bans will count for nothing better to give a comment opinion view on things as its become silly around here people just tapping each other on the back nodding their head with no opinion of their own...

  10. #8
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    2,215
    Reviews
    43

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Experienced Punter esq View Post
    nothing personal with me but ye need to be consistent or else bans will count for nothing better to give a comment opinion view on things as its become silly around here people just tapping each other on the back nodding their head with no opinion of their own...
    We only know if actions are consistent Or not by being privy to all the facts.

    If we do not know the facts, can we as posters comment whether actions were consistent or not?
    Last edited by Sam Spade; 05-02-11 at 16:33.

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to Sam Spade For This Useful Post:

    Shirley Joy (06-02-11)

  12. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    5,354

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Experienced Punter esq View Post
    nothing personal with me but ye need to be consistent or else bans will count for nothing better to give a comment opinion view on things as its become silly around here people just tapping each other on the back nodding their head with no opinion of their own...
    We do understand that Exp Punter.

  13. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    5,354

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mark444 View Post
    We only know if actions are consistent Or not by being privy to all the facts.

    If we do not know the facts, can we as posters comment whether actions were consistent or not?
    Sometimes the facts are clear on the boards, from posts all can see, sometimes its linked to PMs etc, which we cant put on the baords, PMs are private.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •