Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: When is torture justified?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by dannyboy10 View Post
    So what would you do to stop the bomb?
    Tick Tock
    cut the blue wire, idiot!!!! (ha ha ha, you can't come back at me for a week)

as for torture, yes I think it should be used to extract info from someone, the only problem is that if you're getting your finger cut off etc. you will be willing to say anything so you might want to have a backup plan.

have a look at this (Unthinkable) film if you can, pretty much covers all the bases from above posts, except Samuel L. Jackson stars!!!!

Reviews

Talking about torturing paedos is one thing, but as a history lover, I find it fascinating that what we consider abhorrent today was the norm for societies like ancient Greece and Rome. Paedophilia, in the form of pederasty, and especially homosexual pederasty,was positively encouraged.

Even a hardcore martial culture like the Spartans encouraged homosexual pederast relationships between their hoplites in the belief that it improved discipline - supposedly you'd be more likely to fight harder if you had a "relationship" with the man next to you in the battle-line. In Athens it was more "artistic" in the sense that they were attracted to the youthful ideal body.

Pederasty has also cropped up again and again over the centuries in art. Look at the sculpture of David, for example, the smooth youthful masculine ideal with a really small penis.

Sorry for boring you

Reviews

I think torture has an appropriate place and use.

Take the mentioned scenario of the terrorist bomber and the shopping centre. After the bomb goes off, I'd rather not have to explain to the families of all those killed that I might have been able to stop it, but I didn't want to torture the suspect to find out where the bomb was.
    Last edited by Banjo; 04-02-11 at 00:30.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by john connor View Post
    what ever it takes to get the job done.
    we are two soft on criminals in this country by half
    you gotta fight fire with fire
    Criminals and the criminally sick should be locked up for the good and protection of society.
    Not tortured.

The problem in this country is they are not, even when caught

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234