Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Wayne Rooney's demise

Blog Entries
    Reviews

torres v rooney comparison , rooney wanted to increase his salary ,torres wanted to leave,rooney hit a slump in his form ,torres sulked and purposely played under par.....there is a huge difference in trying to achieve a better deal for yourself within a company and trying to make demands that will release you from a contract that will allow you to move...
    a thousand kisses deep..

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by westcorklad View Post
    Who needs Torres when we have Andy Carroll?
    hey bite, they fight, they bite, they fight, they bite, fight fight fight bite bite bite.... The suarez and carroll show.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by monster_monster View Post
    hey bite, they fight, they bite, they fight, they bite, fight fight fight bite bite bite.... The suarez and carroll show.
    To be fair, Suarez can only bite Carrolls' legs. I hadn't paid too much attention to him, except for the haha he now lives with his captain etc. jokes. But there is a picture on the liverpool website of Carroll and Kenny and fucking hell he is big. Both as in tall and as in strongly built.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by corkpunter View Post
    To be fair, Suarez can only bite Carrolls' legs. I hadn't paid too much attention to him, except for the haha he now lives with his captain etc. jokes. But there is a picture on the liverpool website of Carroll and Kenny and fucking hell he is big. Both as in tall and as in strongly built.
    Carroll is a big lad alright, but is able to play ball and not just use his weight (Heskey). Suarez is a an incredible finisher, together I think they will offer Liverpool so much more than just Torres was able to. If Kenny plays 4-4-2 I think defenders will have too much to worry about with both strikes on the prowl and Gerrard coming up just behind.

At the end of the day Liverpool off loaded a striker that hadn't bothered to try all season along with Babel and got one excellent and one v.good striker for a net spend of approx. 0.5 mil. Not a Liverpool fan but looking forward to seeing them all play together (next month)

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Carroll is a big lad alright, but is able to play ball and not just use his weight (Heskey). Suarez is a an incredible finisher, together I think they will offer Liverpool so much more than just Torres was able to. If Kenny plays 4-4-2 I think defenders will have too much to worry about with both strikes on the prowl and Gerrard coming up just behind.

At the end of the day Liverpool off loaded a striker that hadn't bothered to try all season along with Babel and got one excellent and one v.good striker for a net spend of approx. 0.5 mil. Not a Liverpool fan but looking forward to seeing them all play together (next month)
    the flaw is that liverpool dont have any defenders of their own
    a thousand kisses deep..

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ric Hardgear View Post
    the flaw is that liverpool dont have any defenders of their own
    true that, they still have another £15mil for spending during the summer, so if you get two decent defenders Liverpool might be pretty good for Champions League next season. This season is already a right off for them with 5th the v.best they could hope for.

Reviews

true that, they still have another £15mil for spending during the summer, so if you get two decent defenders Liverpool might be pretty good for Champions League next season. This season is already a right off for them with 5th the v.best they could hope for.
    With the way Chelsea continue to drop points, 4th isn't out of the question yet. As for what we need, IMO we desperately need a dominant CB, especially one that dominate headers etc. A Sami Hyypiä mk II would be great. We also desperately need wingers, which to be fair we have needed since Macca left for Real Madrid. Left back will also need a real left sided defender.

Obviously all this will be taking time and everyone else will be strengthening also. The one thing that noone knows how will play into all this is the new legislation this summer. I really thought Man City would have splashed again, to get 1 or 2 targets before this new financial constraint coming in for the summer.

This summer will be much more interesting, in my eyes, than a lot of the recent transfer windows.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by corkpunter View Post
    With the way Chelsea continue to drop points, 4th isn't out of the question yet. As for what we need, IMO we desperately need a dominant CB, especially one that dominate headers etc. A Sami Hyypiä mk II would be great. We also desperately need wingers, which to be fair we have needed since Macca left for Real Madrid. Left back will also need a real left sided defender.

Obviously all this will be taking time and everyone else will be strengthening also. The one thing that noone knows how will play into all this is the new legislation this summer. I really thought Man City would have splashed again, to get 1 or 2 targets before this new financial constraint coming in for the summer.

This summer will be much more interesting, in my eyes, than a lot of the recent transfer windows.
    play Kuyt on the left and Johnson on the right with Lucas and Gerrard in the centre. With Carroll and Suarez up front just do a Newcastle circa 98, out score teams for the rest of the season.

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Forrest View Post
    I never doubted his ability to get his form back. He has been playing well in most games before tonight without getting goals.

I'm sure the Liverpool fans will give Torres a nice, polite reception on Sunday.
    Well in fairness to Torres he wanted out and left , he didnt play the two faced games that Rooney did
    Blatant promotion should be outlawed
    but
    Vincent Browne is a Hero

Quote Originally Posted by Forrest View Post
    has been greatly exaggerated.

Two goals for him in the first half against Villa.
    you mean to say ,he is not dead!!!! damm!!!!!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast