Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Solidarity

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Default Solidarity

As locking threads and banning people becomes the normal way of dealing with issues, I think it's time we did something about it.

The forum isn't of much use to E-I if none of us are here. So here is my idea. When you think someone has been unfairly banned, go on strike for the same period. Don't read the boards; don't post to them. When the ban is over, come back.

So I am now banning myself for a week. If anyone else feels the same, feel free to join in.

“I wish you wouldn’t keep appearing and vanishing so suddenly; you make one quite giddy!”
    “All right,” said the Cat; and this time it vanished quite slowly, beginning with the end of the tail, and ending with the grin, which remained some time after the rest of it had gone.

2. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to El Gordo For This Useful Post:

69patrick69 (31-01-11), bhoywonder (31-01-11), Devil_Angel (31-01-11), Irish Fiona (31-01-11), JAMESCORK (31-01-11), Lucy Chambers (31-01-11), Rayden (31-01-11), Shirley Joy (31-01-11), sweethomes (31-01-11), UKHeather (31-01-11)

Reviews

Sorry el. I only saw this now.

Reviews

Perhaps a mass migration to another site would be better.
    Last edited by dannyboy10; 31-01-11 at 12:37. Reason: I would miss you all too much! :)

Great idea , if Shirley is not unbaned today I will strike until she is back . No reading , no posting and I WILL CHANGE MY TOUR as well , meaning no adverts , no money . Its time to put the foot down or like my granny used to say : Never try to fuck a fucker ...
    Sorry to all my guests in advance .
    P.S. I will check in between , if Shirley is back , just a peek.
    the girl from next door

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sweethomes For This Useful Post:

El Gordo (31-01-11), Shirley Joy (31-01-11)

Go on strike ? in this weather ? are you nuts ? may maybe, june for sure but jan/feb ? brrrrrrrrrrrrr no tah.

Reviews

Said it before, Gordo. You should start your own site competing against E-I!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Mousey For This Useful Post:

El Gordo (31-01-11)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by El Gordo View Post
    As locking threads and banning people becomes the normal way of dealing with issues, I think it's time we did something about it.

The forum isn't of much use to E-I if none of us are here. So here is my idea. When you think someone has been unfairly banned, go on strike for the same period. Don't read the boards; don't post to them. When the ban is over, come back.

So I am now banning myself for a week. If anyone else feels the same, feel free to join in.
    Im with ya bro.....

11. The Following User Says Thank You to JAMESCORK For This Useful Post:

Shirley Joy (31-01-11)

Well, in all honesty the way of raising issues goes against the grain of this principal. Perhaps if people tried to resolve issues through the features we have such as 'report post' or 'report PM' or good old fashioned 'letting one of us know a problem rather than taking the law into your own hands' would be a better preemptive strategy?

The fact is people make a public issue of a situation; managers/mods try to resolve things peacefully, we are accused of censorship and abused for it, when the majority of the time all we are trying to do is make sure that individual posters don't get hurt or offended.

This site will never be Utopian people, as people love a good online drama. The problem with this idea is that when somebody is banned, there is always a divide of opinion. Perhaps that might be a good idea? At least that way they will be a reduced chance that people will argue!

Reviews

Feck of ya Langer... thats a stupid idea anyway... Im not joining this...

(Shirley is back Gordie... you can come out now....)

14. The Following User Says Thank You to JAMESCORK For This Useful Post:

Shirley Joy (31-01-11)

Hows the mass walk out going ? jesus spread out a bit El Gordo and make it look half decent march

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast