Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ouch .... me balls !

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Legswideopen View Post
    Banjo
    Go buy a laptop tray or you'll be firing blanks lol
    Study: Laptop Pads Don't Prevent Male Infertility | News & Opinion | PCMag.com

Study: Laptop Pads Don't Prevent Male Infertility
    Sara Yin By Sara Yin

* 0 Comments
    0diggsdigg

By now it's ancient wisdom that using a laptop directly on your lap can kill a man's sperm, but new research shows that even a cooling laptop pad won't save them. What matters more is how you sit.

In a study published today in Fertility and Sterility, a group of urologists from the State University of New York at Stony Brook monitored the scrotal temperatures of 29 young men on their laptops, both with and without a cooling laptop pad. Some sat with their knees closed, others with their legs open at a 70-degree angle.

All the subjects experienced an increase in their scrotal temperatures by 1.41°C-2.31°C, though the group using a laptop pad and sitting with their legs open experienced the smallest temperature change. Sounds insigificant, but even a 1-2°C raise in temperature can damage sperm and increase the risks of infertility.

"Within 10 or 15 minutes their scrotal temperature is already above what we consider safe, but they don't feel it," Dr. Yefim Sheynkin told Reuters.

Scrotal hyperthermia, a fancy term for overheating of the testicals, can be reduced by a "modified sitting position (legs apart) and significantly shorter use of [a laptop]," the doctors concluded in the report.

Last month, a group of Swiss researchers coined the phrase "Toasted Skin Syndrome" to refer to a mottled skin appearance caused by overheating, often from a laptop, which can affect both men and women in the inner thigh area.
    So this doesn't prevent it. You will need something much cooler, an iPad or something similar. A laptop, even with a protective pad will get too hot.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by magicalman9357 View Post
    Not sure what FF is?
    Quote Originally Posted by Banjo View Post
    I thought it was Fianna Fail.
    Sorry, FF in this instance is FireFox.

Trying again after 60 seconds...

Reviews

Gotta change my habits here .... else I'll have a toasted nut sack. What's this tablet thing ?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by corkpunter View Post
    Sorry, FF in this instance is FireFox.

Trying again after 60 seconds...
    Thanks very much for that CP and greatly appreciated.

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Is this one of your tricks Magical, setting your balls on fire.
    Come in she said "I'll give you shelter from the storm "

6. The Following User Says Thank You to mellors For This Useful Post:

magicalman9357 (30-01-11)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mellors View Post
    Is this one of your tricks Magical, setting your balls on fire.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to magicalman9357 For This Useful Post:

Melindablondey (30-01-11)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Banjo View Post
    Someone yesterday posted a thread about how they love this site. Well, I too have grown to be quiet fond of it.

However, due to nobody's fault but my own, I think I'm slowly toasting my balls. I sit on an armchair of an evening now with this laptop perched on me b***ix. And it gets damn hot .... especially when the hours pass in no time, I don't realise how long I've been sitting here with me goolies being slowly roasted.

Must stuff an ice pack down the front of me pants in future. It'd help the toasted bollok issue as well .........
    Think of all the money you'll save! By roasting your balls - that rules punting out! (Must try that in these recessionary times)
    "Don't be reckless with other people’s hearts. Don't put up with people who are reckless with yours"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12