Thread: Infractions. Should things be changed?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Reviews

Default Infractions. Should things be changed?

I was thinking about the infractions issue and was wondering why there is no appeals procedure.
    I have gotten 1 or 2 in my time, and most of them deserved, I have to say. But then I had a couple I did not agree with, so where do you go to argue your case?
    The mods and managers do in fairness, a good job most of the time, but, it has to be said are not that open to discussing infractions and bans.
    Now I know that they do discuss infractions and bans among themselves but it is very rare that they would reverse each others decision. That is human nature and people do support the people they work with.
    As this is a community forum should the community not have some voice in this?

I suggest that an appeals board be set up in relation to bans and infractions. The board could be made up of three appropriate members of the forum community. If you wish to appeal a ban or infraction, you submit your submission to the group who will decide by secret majority vote whether the ban/infraction stands.

This is not to dilute the power of the Mods and Managers, but, serves to give people a chance to air their side of the story and be judged on the merits of their arguement.

I believe that this will lead to less fighting on the forum as some infracions and bans do lead to.

Discuss

2. The Following User Says Thank You to dannyboy10 For This Useful Post:

Shirley Joy (30-01-11)