Thread: The four reasons why Ireland's economy is in the pits!

Reviews

Default The four reasons why Ireland's economy is in the pits!

Apologies to those who may have seen this already on YouTube. I posted it as a reply to another thread but thinks it warrants its own thread. The guy being interviewed is hilariously honest and spot on in his assessment of our mess. I love his rant about 'wanking bankers'.

"Don't be reckless with other people’s hearts. Don't put up with people who are reckless with yours"

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Morpheus For This Useful Post:

Banjo (30-01-11), kelly curvybabe (30-01-11), Melindablondey (30-01-11)

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Funny, but you can also see in it why we are really fucked. Did you notice that when he talks about North America it's all about people taking on debts they can't afford, but when he's talking about Ireland it's all the fault of the government, regulators, developers and bankers? Always them. Never us. You can't learn from your mistakes if you don't see them.

“I wish you wouldn’t keep appearing and vanishing so suddenly; you make one quite giddy!”
    “All right,” said the Cat; and this time it vanished quite slowly, beginning with the end of the tail, and ending with the grin, which remained some time after the rest of it had gone.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to El Gordo For This Useful Post:

Cable87 (30-01-11), dannyboy10 (30-01-11), experiencedguy (30-01-11), Morpheus (30-01-11)

Reviews

i think he's more passionate about Michael flatley

Reviews

I saw that before and wondered if it was staged. He's spot on with his analysis .... but like ga1 said, it seemed to come as a shock to the guy that M Flatley was from Chicago and that threw his train of thought off his passionate rant a bit too easily.

Reviews

Completely in agreement, El Gordo. The lack of our own personal responsibility is staggering.

Sure, we have less money. Sure the country is in dire financial straits. Who elected the people who run this place? Us. Who was told the building boom couldn't last? Us. Who didn't do anything when Bertie Ahern assured us that those who doubted the good times wouldn't last should go and hang themselves? Us.

I personally didn't vote for FF, but democracy dictates that I have to assume that most of the country was in favour of the government after the last election, because nobody did anything to remove them from power.

Now I just have to assume that we're bone lazy and/or possibly stupid to keep blaming others for what we, as a country, have let happen, and continue to let happen. We don't do that though, because it's easier to blame the big bad EU (that we accepted millions from in subsidies and grants in the past).

The Celtic Child has lost it's rattler. That's the real problem.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to experiencedguy For This Useful Post:

Morpheus (30-01-11)

Blog Entries

Not to continue harping on about the Irish charactrer, but one thing I notice during my stay in Ireland was that Irish people didn't take responsibility for their actions; they would do something to you, which warranted a respose because if you didn't respond ,they would continue doing the same thing until they got a response, and then when you did respond they'd get upset, and start focusing on your response, blaming you for the problem, totally disregarding that their actions had initiiated the problem; it was like it's okay for them to fuck with you, but how dare you respond back!