Thread: I think it's just hit me, finally.

Reviews

Default I think it's just hit me, finally.

I've recently had reason to deal with one of our famous Irish property developers who have all run for cover in other countries.

It makes me angry. This guy still thinks he's the cheese and can dicate terms like I'm sure he was well able to do in the boom times when he couldn't build things fast enough. There seems to be no opening his eyes to reality with him .... he still acts like I need him and his buildings like I've got no other choice. Of course the fact is there is a very high vacancy rate of commercial property at the moment and it's so much of a tenants market.

But no. He still acts like it's the other way around. It's almost like he doesn't care whether he rents his properties or not and continues acting like a p***k to be honest. And then you look at all the Fianna Failers resigning from cabinet, and of course there's Bertie's recent comment that the biggest regret he has is not building a football field. On top of that we've the bankers all fled the country as well.

I think never has Ireland been raped so badly by everyone and anyone in a position of power. And here am I at home on a Saturday night, feeling sore about the big bite the new USC has taken out of my pay packet this month to help pay not to rebuild the country, but to throw more of my money into a black hole in the hope that the country won't have to be sold off to the Arabs.

Now, is it just me or is there something not right with all of this ?

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Banjo For This Useful Post:

Fitzy (29-01-11), Forrest (29-01-11), hornylimerick (29-01-11), Lucy Chambers (30-01-11), Rodney69 (29-01-11)

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Very well put Banjo, I still don't think the penny has dropped yet, I too have had dealings over the past couple of years with these type of people, retreating behind their wall of lawyers, living in arrogance, untouched whilst us 'ordinary' people lose money which we will never see again and get screwed up against the wall. Go down the pub,if you can still afford it, and drown your sorrows, because I'm affraid somethings will never change and these feckers will all retire on nice pensions with a nice big payoff for totally feckin up. Rant over
    Come in she said "I'll give you shelter from the storm "

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mellors For This Useful Post:

Fitzy (29-01-11), Rodney69 (29-01-11)

Reviews

"the arabs" is that a new policital party. Think we should give them a shot, can't be any worst than who's in now.

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by dark-knight View Post
    "the arabs" is that a new policital party. Think we should give them a shot, can't be any worst than who's in now.
    Good choice of words Dark Knight!

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by mellors View Post
    Good choice of words Dark Knight!
    oops didn't mean it like that. My grandfather used to say about politics, "its the same circus just with different clowns".

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Banjo View Post
    And here am I at home on a Saturday night, feeling sore about the big bite the new USC has taken out of my pay packet this month to help pay not to rebuild the country, but to throw more of my money into a black hole in the hope that the country won't have to be sold off to the Arabs.

Of course the whole thing stinks, but I'm not sure about the 'Arabs' reference, given that Ireland was a 'pyramid scheme' for all the get rich quick builders, developers, bankers and investors etc.

The most important thing for us all to remember though, is that there is always a cycle of prosperity followed by a period of recession. If we keep our heads and don't give up, we can get the country back on track. There are a lot of countries in far worse situations than Ireland.

Engaging Personality
    Mesmerising Eyes
    Magnificent Ass
    Adorable Lady
    Sexy, Wicked, Enticing, Erotic, Tease

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Forrest For This Useful Post:

Banjo (29-01-11), Stephanie (26-12-20)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Forrest View Post
    If we keep our heads and don't give up, we can get the country back on track.
    Agreed. There will always be up and down swings. And every time there's a down swing I hope we all learn enough to not let the next down swing happen for the same reasons.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Banjo For This Useful Post:

Forrest (29-01-11)

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Agreed. There will always be up and down swings. And every time there's a down swing I hope we all learn enough to not let the next down swing happen for the same reasons.
    Of course things will come round again,they always do. What annoys me is that these people won't be held accountable. For the next few years they will still be living in their houses, with yours and mine money in the bank, whilst many people lose their jobs, or struggle to get by until that upturn comes along. It stinks. (I feel better now !)

Reviews

I've recently had reason to deal with one of our famous Irish property developers who have all run for cover in other countries.

It makes me angry. This guy still thinks he's the cheese and can dicate terms like I'm sure he was well able to do in the boom times when he couldn't build things fast enough. There seems to be no opening his eyes to reality with him .... he still acts like I need him and his buildings like I've got no other choice. Of course the fact is there is a very high vacancy rate of commercial property at the moment and it's so much of a tenants market.

But no. He still acts like it's the other way around. It's almost like he doesn't care whether he rents his properties or not and continues acting like a p***k to be honest. And then you look at all the Fianna Failers resigning from cabinet, and of course there's Bertie's recent comment that the biggest regret he has is not building a football field. On top of that we've the bankers all fled the country as well.

I think never has Ireland been raped so badly by everyone and anyone in a position of power. And here am I at home on a Saturday night, feeling sore about the big bite the new USC has taken out of my pay packet this month to help pay not to rebuild the country, but to throw more of my money into a black hole in the hope that the country won't have to be sold off to the Arabs.

No Banjo, you're definitely not alone in feeling like this. I think you've summarised exactly what a lot of us are feeling.

This fellow does a pretty good job too:

"Don't be reckless with other people’s hearts. Don't put up with people who are reckless with yours"