Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: awkward moments

Default awkward moments

I was in a different area today a place I'm not familiar with thought I was going the wrong way on the footpath so turned around & went back then it turns out not to have been the wrong way so I had to do the same again & return to the place the original awkward moment was A few skangers (they're everywhere) had a right laugh Any awkward moments?..

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Experienced Punter esq View Post
    I was in a different area today a place I'm not familiar with thought I was going the wrong way on the footpath so turned around & went back then it turns out not to have been the wrong way so I had to do the same again & return to the place the original awkward moment was A few skangers (they're everywhere) had a right laugh Any awkward moments?..
    I remember my worst awkward moment ever. Was out having a lovely meal in a nice restaurant with a very nice lady. Decided to go to the gents and it was one of those places with a long corridor and no real obvious signs for Ladies and Gents. Anyway, I proceeded through one of the doors and straight to a cubicle when I said to myself 'something not right here'. Yes I had walked into the Ladies by mistake and made a hasty exit with my face glowing red. Was worse when the Ladies present returned to their tables in the restaurant though they seen the funny side of it.

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Yeah remember being on the phone getting directions into an apt block, when I actually managed to fall up three steps and land on my side ! Two guys walking past were in stiches laughing at me, as I tried to keep talking to the girl on the phone lying on my side as if nothing had happened.

God, I have had loads. I walked into the glass doors at HMV a few weeks ago, lovely bruise on my forehead for a week. Another time going to an outcall and my hold ups started slipping as I was walking into the reception..
    If life gives you lemons ask for Tequila

Only sad bastards seek gratification from signatures

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Lucy Chambers For This Useful Post:

Blond chick NIKKY (26-01-11)

what about saluting somebody thinking its somebody u know turns out its a complete stranger...

looking4fun Guest

I use to hate running for the bus and it just pulling off as i got there with everyone looking out the window and others standing at the bus stop...

Now when running for a bus that i miss i'll just continue to run past the bus stop

Myself and the ex went round for dinner with a couple we knew.
    Parking outside their house is a nightmare, the only decent option is to just about squeeze into the driveway behind their car.

We arrived to find another car parked in this spot. Turned out they had invited another couple we had not met before along who got there before us.
    When we got inside the other couple were sitting behind the table so to break the ice I made a witty comment about it being alright if he used MY space as long as he had his disabled sign in the window (there wasnt one).

Anyhow long story short, about an hour later he got up to go the loo, first time he had moved all night while the rest of us were bringing plates in and out and whatnot. I had formed the opinion at this stage that he was a lazy bastard.

When he got up it was only then I saw that he had only one leg and understood the icy silence that greeted my wonderful display of wit when we arrived.

That was 15 years ago, I still cringe a little when I think of it.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by looking4fun View Post
    I use to hate running for the bus and it just pulling off as i got there with everyone looking out the window and others standing at the bus stop...

Now when running for a bus that i miss i'll just continue to run past the bus stop

Hahahahahahaha

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by willyup View Post
    Myself and the ex went round for dinner with a couple we knew.
    Parking outside their house is a nightmare, the only decent option is to just about squeeze into the driveway behind their car.

We arrived to find another car parked in this spot. Turned out they had invited another couple we had not met before along who got there before us.
    When we got inside the other couple were sitting behind the table so to break the ice I made a witty comment about it being alright if he used MY space as long as he had his disabled sign in the window (there wasnt one).

Anyhow long story short, about an hour later he got up to go the loo, first time he had moved all night while the rest of us were bringing plates in and out and whatnot. I had formed the opinion at this stage that he was a lazy bastard.

When he got up it was only then I saw that he had only one leg and understood the icy silence that greeted my wonderful display of wit when we arrived.

That was 15 years ago, I still cringe a little when I think of it.
    So you didn't go on to be mates then?

Eh....no. That was the one and only time we met funnily enough.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to willyup For This Useful Post:

Blond chick NIKKY (26-01-11), warmcome (25-01-11)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast