Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Offside rule & women

Reviews

I dunno, I think our society is becoming too politically correct. No one can actually say what they mean anymore.

Case above is inexcusable given its was undertaken by professional commentators against a match official. But if they had criticised a male match official for not knowing what the offside rule was....would there be the same uproar?

I have had many a laugh and slagging match with female friends about them not understanding the offside rule and me not undertanding colour coordination or whatever. All in good humour without the spectre of'sexism' hanging over every conversation.

(Incidentally women not understanding the off side rule purely has to due with lack of interest in football. Any girl who's really into football will understand all the nuances of the game).

I never liked Andy Gray anyway, but do think the media and society have to lighten up a bit.

(Now I'm going to head down to my bunker and stay there until the nuclear war is over).
    "Don't be reckless with other people’s hearts. Don't put up with people who are reckless with yours"

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Last edited by Ric Hardgear; 24-01-11 at 15:23.
    a thousand kisses deep..

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Ric Hardgear For This Useful Post:

JohnRambo (24-01-11)

Blog Entries
    Reviews

they have been suspended by sky ,looks like they are gonna get the boot
    a thousand kisses deep..

Reviews

just suspended 4 tonite's game....got 2 yellow cards

Hows Wolfie-Key's going to pay for his hand wax now?

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Morpheus View Post
    I dunno, I think our society is becoming too politically correct. No one can actually say what they mean anymore.

Case above is inexcusable given its was undertaken by professional commentators against a match official. But if they had criticised a male match official for not knowing what the offside rule was....would there be the same uproar?

I have had many a laugh and slagging match with female friends about them not understanding the offside rule and me not undertanding colour coordination or whatever. All in good humour without the spectre of'sexism' hanging over every conversation.

(Incidentally women not understanding the off side rule purely has to due with lack of interest in football. Any girl who's really into football will understand all the nuances of the game).

I never liked Andy Gray anyway, but do think the media and society have to lighten up a bit.

(Now I'm going to head down to my bunker and stay there until the nuclear war is over).
    If they'd said the same about a male linesman it would've been actually based on prior knowledge or some crappy decisions that that individual had made in the past. In this case they clearly knew nothing about the girl except for the fact she had a vagina and was apparently a "bit of alright"
    So long as she gets the match decisions right who cares whats between her legs. Other sports like tennis and snooker already have both gender officials, football will come around sooner or later.

Reviews

She obviously knows more about the offside rule than the so called experts do.They are always giving refferees a hard time but this was unacceptable behaviour from two that should know a lot better.
    I have lived a life of regrets.

Reviews

Pair of morons.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Morpheus View Post

I don't think the offside rule jibe was the worst of it,its the sexist slang that really did the damage..sure they are always complaining that refs and officals don't know what they are doing...they fail to understand how diffcult it can with the constant cheating and unsportmanship that is is happening in the game...i really hope this shitty behaviour does not disscourage more women from the game.
    I have lived a life of regrets.

Who cares? Commentators say offensive things off the air all the time. If they were supposed to be off the air then it's Sky's own fault and not the men's fault.

I'm sick of everything turning into a PC nonsense debate. Commentators always say things off the air that they wouldn't ever say on the air.

And why IS a female linesman there anyway? It's males that are on the field, why is she doing it in the first place?

If the first thing that they think of is "damn female doesn't know the offside rule", then so the fuck what?! It's just their natural reaction. They should be allowed to say what they want ffs. It would be different if they knew they were on the air.
    Last edited by nicegirlsarenice; 24-01-11 at 19:11.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast