Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Biffo steps down

the fat slug should have faced a firing squad a long time ago?

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by 10inchesandcounting View Post
    the fat slug should have faced a firing squad a long time ago?
    He was a victim of timing as much as anything to be fair. Bertie Ahern could not have timed his departure any better in all honesty. Had he stayed in power we'd be saying the exact same things about him.

Quote Originally Posted by Mousey View Post
    He stays on as Taoiseach but the election will be led by another person as FF leader. I was watching the press conference, he looked almost relieved, and even cracked a couple of jokes.
    So he is not good enough to lead FF but he is good enough to lead this country for the next two months. It shows where their priorities lie.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dumbledore For This Useful Post:

Blond chick NIKKY (23-01-11), westcorklad (22-01-11)

Victim of timing or not, he is the man in charge , hence he is ultimately responsible,whether he likes it or not.
    Have you ever heard a ship captain say, my boat sank and my crew drowned while I swam to safety but it is not my fault!!!
    In any case timing is not the issue.The issues are bad decisions (or no decision at all in some cases)and lack of forsight which put together equals piss pot leadership.
    He is the laughing stock of the entire civilised world,but he cannot be held responsible and won't the boogeyman. he should be the hanged man, and that is still too good for him and his kind!!!

Reviews

And now the Greens has pulled out of government also.

Also great to see Lenihan coming out and saying he is puutting himself into the leadership race, just days after saying he could not have led a coup because of the way the economy was taking up all his time. Great to see that the economy has stabilised so much over the last couple of days so he can now stand in this leadership contest.

Hanafin is also standing in this leadership race, even though she wouldn't say how she voted in the last one, just a couple of days ago.

The only one that has done anything good in all this is Martin that atleast has come out clean and said where he stood, whether you like him or not.

They are almost all as bad as eachother, rats the lot of them.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by corkpunter View Post
    Also great to see Lenihan coming out and saying he is puutting himself into the leadership race, just days after saying he could not have led a coup because of the way the economy was taking up all his time. Great to see that the economy has stabilised so much over the last couple of days so he can now stand in this leadership contest.
    Wouldn't be the first porky that Lenihan has been accused of over the last week.

Apparently, he was telling backbenchers that he would be asking Biffo to go, yet supported him at the vote.

Some very pissed-off backbenchers after that
    The Gods are just, and of our pleasant vices
    Make instruments to plague us

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234