Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Personality versus Looks- you decide

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Banjo View Post
    It's essential to be nice. Doesn't mean it'll get you laid though.
    Thanks. Thats my problem!
    "Don't be reckless with other people’s hearts. Don't put up with people who are reckless with yours"

Quote Originally Posted by dannyboy10 View Post
    I have to say I am shallow at first! It is looks that attract me to a lady! But my interest will soon waver if I find them dull or uninteresting! There are some very beautiful women on EI that I would not go near as I find them far too sharp!

And you Ms. Chambers what do you go for in your personal life??
    I go for the one that makes me laugh and interests me long term. Looks are incidental.
    If life gives you lemons ask for Tequila

Only sad bastards seek gratification from signatures

I think it all depends what people are looking for, and it can be summarise in 2 categories:
    -the woman of your night,
    -the woman of your life
    each category has different requirements.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by lucy chambers View Post
    So, when I was growing up I was taught its more important to be interesting then pretty. Looks fade and an empty husk is just a husk. Men of course, tend to go for the latter and think about the former at leisure.

What is your take on it? Is it nice to be nice or not important at all?

Initial attraction is based on looks only, personality only comes into it for a lasting relationship.

Although personality is the most important element of an individual, men unfortunately are fickle creatures and their cocks usually rule the brain. Sad but true.

The lucky man is one who can have a lady who is both gorgeous outside and more importantly beautiful within.
    Unfortunately this is a rare lady.

If I had a choice based solely on beauty or personality - then personality would win every time.
    A fool would say otherwise!

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sam Spade For This Useful Post:

Morpheus (21-01-11), Rachel Divine (23-01-11)

Reviews

I go for the one that makes me laugh and interests me long term. Looks are incidental.
    Hmmmm!!!! I bet your significant other will be pleased with that comment!

personality for me is better than looks looks satisfy the eyes & hormones personality satisfies the mind makes for a better long term relationship looks dont last forever u know!..

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by mark444 View Post
    Initial attraction is based on looks only, personality only comes into it for a lasting relationship.

Although personality is the most important element of an individual, men unfortunately are fickle creatures and their cocks usually rule the brain. Sad but true.

The lucky man is one who can have a lady who is both gorgeous outside and more importantly beautiful within.
    Unfortunately this is a rare lady.

If I had a choice based solely on beauty or personality - then personality would win every time.
    A fool would say otherwise!
    Well said Mark. But hip hip hooray for the 'lucky man'. I hate that guy!
    "Don't be reckless with other people’s hearts. Don't put up with people who are reckless with yours"

Blog Entries

So, when I was growing up I was taught its more important to be interesting then pretty. Looks fade and an empty husk is just a husk. Men of course, tend to go for the latter and think about the former at leisure.

What is your take on it? Is it nice to be nice or not important at all?

Personality is a must. Been told by a few females that if it was looks they would not have given me a second glance but that my personality and actions were the winning factors. Unfortunately, I used to be too shallow and went for looks alone in the ladies. Not anymore though.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to magicalman9357 For This Useful Post:

Lucy Chambers (22-01-11)

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Smile

I always go for personality beauty is only skin deep.
    I have gone out with some good looking girls and a lot of them no personality what so not out to have the Craic at all.
    Going out with a girl with personality you will always have the Craic and I find she will always get on with everyone.
    So Lucy in a nutshell I am a personality man beauty is in the eye off the beholder.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Fitzy For This Useful Post:

Lucy Chambers (22-01-11)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Morpheus View Post
    Well said Mark. But hip hip hooray for the 'lucky man'. I hate that guy!
    Don't worry, there may be one or two 'lucky men' on this site already!

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast