Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sack Aer Lingus Cabin Crew

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Default Sack Aer Lingus Cabin Crew

I think all the Aer Lingus Cabin Crew Staff should be fired with immediate effect if they
    refuse to return to work, all i hear in every interview is how much they love their jobs
    and how much they want to work, well whats stopping them? get back to fecking work.
    They have better conditions that most other cabin crews and very good jobs.
    In the current climate u would think that they really would appreciate what they have got,
    this company was almost driven out of buisness (and is still not safe) by totally unrealistic
    wages , staffing levels and work practices time to cop on i think and live in the real world
    I hope for all our sakes that managment dont flinch and set a precedent here.
    There are plenty people out there that would jump at the chance to have their jobs.
    To be honest their whinging is really beginning to grate with me
    Blatant promotion should be outlawed
    but
    Vincent Browne is a Hero

Reviews

Reviews

Thats what Micheal O'Leary would do and he runs the most profitable airline with the newest fleet. Got to hand it to him he knows how to run a company.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to dark-knight For This Useful Post:

Morpheus (21-01-11)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by ber View Post
    I think all the Aer Lingus Cabin Crew Staff should be fired with immediate effect if they
    refuse to return to work, all i hear in every interview is how much they love their jobs
    and how much they want to work, well whats stopping them? get back to fecking work.
    In the current climate u would think that they really would appreciate what they have got,
    this company was almost driven out of buisness (and is still not safe) by totally unrealistic
    wages , staffing levels and work practices time to cop on i think and live in the real world
    There are plenty people out there that would jump at the chance to have their jobs.
    I have to say I am getting tired of unions! Things are bad all round and people just have to wise up. I agree that if you are in a job, you are one of the lucky ones. And should act accordingly.

Air passengers have had enough to deal with between strikes and airport closures and increased security procedures. Next time I want to go anywhere, I think I'll go by boat!
    "Don't be reckless with other people’s hearts. Don't put up with people who are reckless with yours"

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by dark-knight View Post
    Thats what Micheal O'Leary would do and he runs the most profitable airline with the newest fleet. Got to hand it to him he knows how to run a company.
    I think he should run the country, even though he is a bit of a dick! At least he'll sort out our finances and muzzle the unions.
    "Don't be reckless with other people’s hearts. Don't put up with people who are reckless with yours"

Reviews

I was just about to start a thread up about Aer Lingus and the ongoing dispute with their cabin crew . Only i'm in favour of the workers on this . They had voted in agreement to increasing their hrs to 850 from the present 800 as the company wanted , but had voted against the roster changes and rightly so says i .
    It's a huge ask of your loyal staff to agree to daily changes in shift times . Imagine going into work at what ever time , only to be informed that your start time has been held back by 3 hrs . Your plans for after your days work are completely oblitterated . Child care etc would prove impossible for the majority of working mothers that are cabin crew .
    Is this drastic measure by the company going to save it huge amounts of money each yr , Aer Lingus are slowly turning into Ryan Aer Lingus with their take it or else policy . If i was booked on one of their flights , i'd be ringing them up and cancelling and giving them an earfull . Bollox to that !
    I have no signature at the moment

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by ber View Post
    They have families and surely that comes first.
    “Once Everton has touched you nothing will be the same”
    Alan Ball

Justice For The 96

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Mousey View Post
    Very, very cuuuute Mousey. Forgive me for being thick, but how does this fit with the thread?

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Default Still very good

Quote Originally Posted by rimmerguy View Post
    I was just about to start a thread up about Aer Lingus and the ongoing dispute with their cabin crew . Only i'm in favour of the workers on this . They had voted in agreement to increasing their hrs to 850 from the present 800 as the company wanted , but had voted against the roster changes and rightly so says i .
    It's a huge ask of your loyal staff to agree to daily changes in shift times . Imagine going into work at what ever time , only to be informed that your start time has been held back by 3 hrs . Your plans for after your days work are completely oblitterated . Child care etc would prove impossible for the majority of working mothers that are cabin crew .
    Is this drastic measure by the company going to save it huge amounts of money each yr , Aer Lingus are slowly turning into Ryan Aer Lingus with their take it or else policy . If i was booked on one of their flights , i'd be ringing them up and cancelling and giving them an earfull . Bollox to that !
    Well even with the increased hours this is not even bringing them into line with most other airlines and as regards the change in start times they wont just turn up for work but will be
    notified at least 3 hrs prior to the start time. The child care thing is just blowing smoke as at
    the moment there are plenty of child care providers that would be prepared to be flexible.
    Its not as if they were a nine to five job already, and im sure they have already agreed with
    child care that if they were delayed which can easily happen them with weather/miss slot etc
    that the children wont be turfed out on the street. There was no prob with child care when they were getting an extra 12 hrs lay over time on trans atlantic flights, no rush home then
    Last edited by ber; 21-01-11 at 19:48.
    Blatant promotion should be outlawed
    but
    Vincent Browne is a Hero

Reviews

If you look at this another way. What you've all said about child care in particular.

This new rostering thing is apparently very inconvenient to working mothers. I wonder if AL fully appreciates that and this move is designed to piss off and weed out the working mothers from the workforce, so they can replace them with probably younger ladies who don't have children and will work on lower rates of pay in a far more flexible manner.

Just a thought.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast