Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: why not???? maths question

Blog Entries

I used to be terrible as a child. Teachers had to specifically ask each pupil some questions, because if they were asked in general, nobody could get their answers in due to my "showboating", as you put it. I was probably annoying as hell, hehe.

I don't do that as much anymore, thank god. In fact, many times I rather listen to someone then just do all the talk.

² is part of the extended ASCII character set. So is ³. You can get them by pressing alt + 0178 or alt + 0179... I have to get them in notepad first though as firefox acts funny when I try to do it.
    Last edited by nicegirlsarenice; 21-01-11 at 19:12.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to nicegirlsarenice For This Useful Post:

Sensual Delights (21-01-11)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Sensual Delights View Post
    I used to be terrible as a child. Teachers had to specifically ask each pupil some questions, because if they were asked in general, nobody could get their answers in due to my "showboating", as you put it. I was probably annoying as hell, hehe.

I don't do that as much anymore, thank god. In fact, many times I rather listen to someone then just do all the talk.
    Haretown and Tortoiseville are 50 miles apart. A hare travels at 8 miles per hour from Haretown to Tortoiseville, while a tortoise travels at 2 miles per hour from Tortoiseville to Haretown

If both set out at the same time, how many miles will the hare have to travel before meeting the tortoise en route?

Hands up who knows the answer.... Put your hand down Ms Delights...

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by JAMESCORK View Post
    Haretown and Tortoiseville are 50 miles apart. A hare travels at 8 miles per hour from Haretown to Tortoiseville, while a tortoise travels at 2 miles per hour from Tortoiseville to Haretown

If both set out at the same time, how many miles will the hare have to travel before meeting the tortoise en route?

Hands up who knows the answer.... Put your hand down Ms Delights...

I'm struggling ....40 miles?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sensual Delights View Post

I bet you're one of those people who get up early, while Spain just to get the best sitting around the pool.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by mellors View Post

I'm struggling ....40 miles?
    Sorry Mellors, even though you are correct only one answer is allowed, so therefore you are disquallified...

Next question...

Man Wrinkle spent one-fourth of his life as a boy, one-eighth as a youth, and one-half as an active man. If Man Wrinkle spent 11 years as an old man, then how many years did he spend as an active man?

Answers on a postcard please....

Im off to the pub... if ye cant work it out ask Mellorsiknoweverything...

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by JAMESCORK View Post
    Sorry Mellors, even though you are correct only one answer is allowed, so therefore you are disquallified...

Next question...

Man Wrinkle spent one-fourth of his life as a boy, one-eighth as a youth, and one-half as an active man. If Man Wrinkle spent 11 years as an old man, then how many years did he spend as an active man?

Answers on a postcard please....

Im off to the pub... if ye cant work it out ask Mellorsiknoweverything...
    Ha..i think we need Sensual back

Blog Entries

Haha, you are challanging me James Those are very easy to answer.

If x= "his live" and assuming he died indeed after spending 11 year as an old men, then see below. If he is not dead yet, tell me when he will and I redo the little calculation below:

x = x/4 + x/8 + x/2 + 11

x = (2x + x + 4x + 88) / 8

8x – 7x = 88

x = 88

So, considering he lived 88 years and he spent half as an active man, then the answer is 44.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by anitasizzle View Post
    I bet you're one of those people who get up early, while Spain just to get the best sitting around the pool.

Ouch, Anita, that hurts.

No, I am one of those people getting up at 2 p.m. and have to go to the beach, as all pool places are taken. Mostly by other germans

Reviews

I like a puzzle.
    I like a puzzle I can solve, more.
    I like this puzzle as it was solved for me.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast