Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Unsolicited text from alternative site

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by monster_monster View Post
    this is the very reason I use a punting SIM, even if you were a regular you should never receive a text out of the blue, you never know who is looking at the phone
    I just couldn't be arsed with the hassle of swapping sims.

But it is dangerous. I have an iPhone and text messages pop up in the middle of the screen as they arrive. It's the one major downside of them. Separated now, so not such a big deal, but it was a contributory factor in ending the marriage!

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Bruno69 View Post
    Separated now, so not such a big deal, but it was a contributory factor in ending the marriage!
    Plus it was her fault for driving you into the arms of the EI ladies!

Blog Entries
    Reviews

this is the very reason I use a punting SIM, even if you were a regular you should never receive a text out of the blue, you never know who is looking at the phone
    I agree MM, a punting sim is the only way.
    I have just switched mine on and there are two texts from Monday & Tuesday from the same person, definitely not someone I have met before. It was 'signed' Georgia & Sandra asking was I coming out Do they know something I don't
    I have also received unsolicited texts offering massage occasionally, from one particular number, which possibly means someone is selling a 'list' of potential massage customers.

Engaging Personality
    Mesmerising Eyes
    Magnificent Ass
    Adorable Lady
    Sexy, Wicked, Enticing, Erotic, Tease

Blog Entries

I just couldn't be arsed with the hassle of swapping sims.

But it is dangerous. I have an iPhone and text messages pop up in the middle of the screen as they arrive. It's the one major downside of them. Separated now, so not such a big deal, but it was a contributory factor in ending the marriage!
    go into Settings, then Messages and click Show Preview to OFF, that will stop the text from showing on your phone, it'll just day text received from +35387*******

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Forrest View Post
    I agree MM, a punting sim is the only way.
    I have just switched mine on and there are two texts from Monday & Tuesday from the same person, definitely not someone I have met before. It was 'signed' Georgia & Sandra asking was I coming out Do they know something I don't
    I have also received unsolicited texts offering massage occasionally, from one particular number, which possibly means someone is selling a 'list' of potential massage customers.
    you should post their number all over message boards / comment sections on the web, don't forget to include the +353, this way they'll get bombarded by loads of spammy txts and calls from marketing companies. Serves them right for stooping so low. Don't mention what they do etc. just make sure the number is up and let the internet bots do their job

Reviews

go into Settings, then Messages and click Show Preview to OFF, that will stop the text from showing on your phone, it'll just day text received from +35387*******
    Good advice for any iPhone user. I did do that but you can't stop the number appearing . Of course in my case I had the number saved , so the name came up!

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by dannyboy10 View Post
    Plus it was her fault for driving you into the arms of the EI ladies!
    I'd never say that. It's very clear to me who was responsible for this break-up. Apple!!

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Good advice for any iPhone user. I did do that but you can't stop the number appearing . Of course in my case I had the number saved , so the name came up!
    Can you not blacklist the number on an iphone ?
    I've an android phone and you can blacklist a number so you can't recieve texts or call from it. Can be handy. Try a search in the app store.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by dave1dave View Post
    Can you not blacklist the number on an iphone ?
    I've an android phone and you can blacklist a number so you can't recieve texts or call from it. Can be handy. Try a search in the app store.
    No. I don't believe you can. Have looked into this before.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by jimmydee View Post
    Any ladies names I save have been edited to make them the male equivelent. Lucy=Luke. etc
    Have done this before. Would be more embarrassing if someone ever saw the texts !!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast