Thread: Re-Cap

Default Re-Cap

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageViewer.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	35.3 KB 
ID:	35326

You may remember the story I posted a while back about the hotel owners who refused entry to a gay couple who are in a civil partnership?

Well, the Gay Couple WON!

The Christian owners of a Cornwall hotel who refused to rent a double room to a gay couple acted unlawfully, a judge has ruled.

Hotel owners Peter and Hazelmary Bull (pictured with supporters outside Bristol County Court) did not allow civil partners Martyn Hall and Steven Preddy to use a double room in their Cornwall hotel saying "it would be an “affront to their faith”

The Bulls' had received a warning from Stonewall, the U.K's leading gay rights organisation, several weeks previously for posting a notice on their website about who could and couldn't stay at their hotel.

The notice read: "We have few rules but please note that out of a deep regard for marriage we prefer to let double accommodation to heterosexual married couples only."

A judge at Bristol County Court ruled that the Bulls were breaking the law by denying the men a room, and awarded the couple £1,800 each in damages.
    Last edited by Gaylord; 19-01-11 at 09:07.
    "Keep it real with me, and I'll keep it real with you"

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Just don't understand some narrow minded people .: doc
    Never mistake kindness for weakness .: doc