Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: OWO: HPV Virus and link to throat and mouth cancer

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. Default OWO: HPV Virus and link to throat and mouth cancer

I saw this on another website. I think it is a cause for concern, and one that is not taken seriously enough:
    "Hi Guys,
    Was just wondering what are your feelings regarding the safety of OWO, and unprotected reverse oral (no dental dam used)?
    I have been reading recently about the HPV virus, particularly a very nasty strain of it called HPV-16 which has been linked to mouth and throat cancer. Apparently, unprotected oral sex with more than four partners increases your risk significantly, as does consuming alcohol and tobacco.
    Apparently the HPV virus is present in about 80% of the population, and is known already to be the cause of cervical cancer. However, a recent study from Sweden has shown a clear link between oral sex and the transmission of this virus. This is incredibly disturbing, as I would estimate up to 90% of WG's provide OWO, and unprotected reverse oral.
    I recently asked a girl why she provided OWO when it was clearly risky,and she told me that if she did not then she just wouldn't make any money as that is what men want(!) The risk is certainly highest for girls giving OWO to men, and it really saddened me that this girl felt compelled to offer a service she clearly wasn't comfortable with due to the fact that many guys do not stop to consider their own health...
    To my knowledge, there are no UK sexual health clinics that offer testing for oral/ or genital HPV, although it is available in the States.
    If anyone knows of anywhere in the UK where you can get it done, then please post details here.
    The following articles make for worrying reading:

http://www.reuters.c...E62P01Q20100326

http://std.about.com...voralcancer.htm "

2. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to AmeliaVIP For This Useful Post:

alexanda (12-01-11), Anna23 (12-01-11), ERIKA LOVEFORU (12-01-11), fiatpunter (12-01-11), kinky gina (12-01-11), Melindablondey (14-01-11), Michelle21 (02-06-11), Patricia (12-01-11), Rodney69 (14-01-11), secret cyril (12-01-11), Shirley Joy (12-01-11), UKHeather (12-01-11)

Blog Entries

4. Default

I caught a bit of this earlier, though didn't see the whole thing..apparently Michael Douglas blames the HPV16 strain of the virus for his throat cancer, and heavy drinking and smoking as well...

Blog Entries

I don't know that much about this issue, but I think it is very worth bringing it up so people can think about it and go and look at the information available if they want to, because I think a lot of people aren't aware of any link between oral sex and cancer.

6. Default

No need to give them up, but just make sure you are using condoms and dental dams for oral sex ;-)

Reviews

HPV is present in 80% of the population? which means 80% of us have it already??

I agree that owo and cim can be dangerous,because of that i never never did CIM with nobody .
    About O W O ,is the same and i advice to use the condon always

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to aliciasexy For This Useful Post:

Shirley Joy (12-01-11), UKHeather (12-01-11), westernpunter (12-01-11)

10. Default

I think Aliciasexy has the right attitude. . .

if you put your stick into too many ports, you'll get a virus, same is true for people.

Dip it into lots of different holes, You'll get a virus.

Keep it covered . Simple

11. The Following User Says Thank You to westernpunter For This Useful Post:

UKHeather (12-01-11)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by AmeliaVIP View Post
    I saw this on another website. I think it is a cause for concern, and one that is not taken seriously enough:
    "Hi Guys,
    Was just wondering what are your feelings regarding the safety of OWO, and unprotected reverse oral (no dental dam used)?
    I have been reading recently about the HPV virus, particularly a very nasty strain of it called HPV-16 which has been linked to mouth and throat cancer. Apparently, unprotected oral sex with more than four partners increases your risk significantly, as does consuming alcohol and tobacco.
    Apparently the HPV virus is present in about 80% of the population, and is known already to be the cause of cervical cancer. However, a recent study from Sweden has shown a clear link between oral sex and the transmission of this virus. This is incredibly disturbing, as I would estimate up to 90% of WG's provide OWO, and unprotected reverse oral.
    I recently asked a girl why she provided OWO when it was clearly risky,and she told me that if she did not then she just wouldn't make any money as that is what men want(!) The risk is certainly highest for girls giving OWO to men, and it really saddened me that this girl felt compelled to offer a service she clearly wasn't comfortable with due to the fact that many guys do not stop to consider their own health...
    To my knowledge, there are no UK sexual health clinics that offer testing for oral/ or genital HPV, although it is available in the States.
    If anyone knows of anywhere in the UK where you can get it done, then please post details here.
    The following articles make for worrying reading:

http://www.reuters.c...E62P01Q20100326

http://std.about.com...voralcancer.htm "
    I honestly think the fears are overplayed. Mouth and throat cancer are extremely rare. The main link for HPV and cancer is with cervical cancer - through unprotected sexual intercourse. Scientists often get a little too full of themselves and exagerate findings.

I'm in the medical field myself, and have to wade thorough constant study publications about association and disease. My take is that the association here is a weak one. By contrast - smoking has the strongest association with many different cancers, and is certainly a far greater danger than unprotected oral sex.

13. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Morpheus For This Useful Post:

dr love (12-01-11), Lucy Chambers (12-01-11), sweethomes (12-01-11)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Morpheus View Post
    I honestly think the fears are overplayed. Mouth and throat cancer are extremely rare. The main link for HPV and cancer is with cervical cancer - through unprotected sexual intercourse. Scientists often get a little too full of themselves and exagerate findings.

I'm in the medical field myself, and have to wade thorough constant study publications about association and disease. My take is that the association here is a weak one. By contrast - smoking has the strongest association with many different cancers, and is certainly a far greater danger than unprotected oral sex.

I tend to agree with Morpheus here, unprotected vaginal sex is by far the most high risk behaviour for increasing risk of developing cervical cancer and since protection is used at all times then this is a largely moot point. The condom may have saliva present due to covered oral prior to vaginal sex so there may be an associated infection risk here. In the case of reverse oral most girls insist on clitoral stimulation only which does have an impact on infection risk (that is to say hopefully a reduction).

The bottom line here is basic hygiene and good cleaning practices after indulging in these activities will help enormously. Needless to remark no girl should feel coerced or pressurized into taking an unsheath penis into her mouth, is she provides OWO it should be on a well informed and calculated basis.

In general terms it is good to discuss these items. Good post.
    Last edited by Lincoln; 12-01-11 at 18:25. Reason: correct spelling

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Lincoln For This Useful Post:

jammy69 (02-06-11), Morpheus (13-01-11), sweethomes (12-01-11)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast