Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: OWO: HPV Virus and link to throat and mouth cancer

1. Default OWO: HPV Virus and link to throat and mouth cancer

I saw this on another website. I think it is a cause for concern, and one that is not taken seriously enough:
    "Hi Guys,
    Was just wondering what are your feelings regarding the safety of OWO, and unprotected reverse oral (no dental dam used)?
    I have been reading recently about the HPV virus, particularly a very nasty strain of it called HPV-16 which has been linked to mouth and throat cancer. Apparently, unprotected oral sex with more than four partners increases your risk significantly, as does consuming alcohol and tobacco.
    Apparently the HPV virus is present in about 80% of the population, and is known already to be the cause of cervical cancer. However, a recent study from Sweden has shown a clear link between oral sex and the transmission of this virus. This is incredibly disturbing, as I would estimate up to 90% of WG's provide OWO, and unprotected reverse oral.
    I recently asked a girl why she provided OWO when it was clearly risky,and she told me that if she did not then she just wouldn't make any money as that is what men want(!) The risk is certainly highest for girls giving OWO to men, and it really saddened me that this girl felt compelled to offer a service she clearly wasn't comfortable with due to the fact that many guys do not stop to consider their own health...
    To my knowledge, there are no UK sexual health clinics that offer testing for oral/ or genital HPV, although it is available in the States.
    If anyone knows of anywhere in the UK where you can get it done, then please post details here.
    The following articles make for worrying reading:

http://www.reuters.c...E62P01Q20100326

http://std.about.com...voralcancer.htm "

2. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to AmeliaVIP For This Useful Post:

alexanda (12-01-11), Anna23 (12-01-11), ERIKA LOVEFORU (12-01-11), fiatpunter (12-01-11), kinky gina (12-01-11), Melindablondey (14-01-11), Michelle21 (02-06-11), Patricia (12-01-11), Rodney69 (14-01-11), secret cyril (12-01-11), Shirley Joy (12-01-11), UKHeather (12-01-11)

Blog Entries

4. Default

I caught a bit of this earlier, though didn't see the whole thing..apparently Michael Douglas blames the HPV16 strain of the virus for his throat cancer, and heavy drinking and smoking as well...

Blog Entries

I don't know that much about this issue, but I think it is very worth bringing it up so people can think about it and go and look at the information available if they want to, because I think a lot of people aren't aware of any link between oral sex and cancer.

6. Default

No need to give them up, but just make sure you are using condoms and dental dams for oral sex ;-)

Reviews

HPV is present in 80% of the population? which means 80% of us have it already??

8. Default

It's complicated, you see there are over 200 strains of HPV (Human Papillomavirus). HPV lives in the body's epithelial cells. These are flat and thin cells found on the skin's surface and also on the surface of the vagina, anus, vulva, cervix, penis head, mouth, and throat.
    The nastiest strains of the virus are HPV 18 and 16, which account for 70% of cervical cancer cases, and are also linked to anal, oral, and penile cancers. Lower risk strains include HPV 11 and 6, and these are responsible for causing genital warts.
    It is thought that up to 80% of the sexually active population is infected at any given time with the lower risk strains, and in a healthy person with a good immune system the body will deal with it in it's own way.
    However, strains 16 and 18 are particularly aggressive, and are blamed for the alarming rise in oral cancer cases.
    HPV is spread through skin to skin contact, and bodily fluid transmission. Unprotected oral sex is definitely a risk factor, and the more sexual partners, the greater the risk. If you want to protect yourself, the only sure way to do so is by always using condoms and dental dams for oral sex.

9. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to AmeliaVIP For This Useful Post:

alexanda (12-01-11), hornylimerick (12-01-11), Irish Fiona (12-01-11), Legswideopen (12-01-11), Melindablondey (14-01-11), Shirley Joy (12-01-11), UKHeather (12-01-11)

Reviews

I got a little unpleasant present some years ago and the doc said 20% of the population had the Hpv virus present at any given time.
    I think it's 80% of the sexually active population will get a present of this in their lives and not necessarily currently have it.

well thats me fucked and 50 percent of u girls cos ive splattered my load over half of munster

moved to general chat as not really appropriate for warning section.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast