Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Why do some married women lose interest in sex?

Default Why do some married women lose interest in sex?

The high prevalence of sexual desire complaints in women have led a number of researchers and theorists to argue for a reconceptualization of female sexual desire that deemphasizes the drive model and places more focus on relational factors. Lacking in this effort has been a critical mass of qualitative research that asks women to report on their causal attributions for low desire. In this study, the authors conducted open-ended interviews with 19 married women who had lost desire in their marriage and asked what causal attributions they made for their loss of sexual desire and what barriers they perceived to be blocking its reinstatement. Three core themes emerged from the data, all of which represented forces dragging down on sexual desire in the present sample: (a) institutionalization of the relationship, (b) over-familiarity, and (c) the de-sexualization of roles in these relationships. Interpersonal and intrapersonal sexual dynamics featured more prominently than did relationship problems in women's attributions. The authors discuss the results in terms of clinical implications in the psychosocial component of treatment for hypoactive sexual desire disorder.

And they say it's only men who like variety?? I heard it's from the ingredients in the wedding cake.

Reviews

Erm ... what are you saying there exactly ?

Reviews

Jaysus, I am lost myself...

I hope you cut and pasted that from somewhere cause if you didnt I fear you may have swallowed a dictionary over the last 24 hours....

Quote Originally Posted by Banjo View Post
    Erm ... what are you saying there exactly ?
    Last edited by herodotus; 01-01-11 at 23:44.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to herodotus For This Useful Post:

rover (02-01-11)

Quote Originally Posted by Franken996 View Post

The high prevalence of sexual desire complaints in women have led a number of researchers and theorists to argue for a reconceptualization of female sexual desire that deemphasizes the drive model and places more focus on relational factors. Lacking in this effort has been a critical mass of qualitative research that asks women to report on their causal attributions for low desire. In this study, the authors conducted open-ended interviews with 19 married women who had lost desire in their marriage and asked what causal attributions they made for their loss of sexual desire and what barriers they perceived to be blocking its reinstatement. Three core themes emerged from the data, all of which represented forces dragging down on sexual desire in the present sample: (a) institutionalization of the relationship, (b) over-familiarity, and (c) the de-sexualization of roles in these relationships. Interpersonal and intrapersonal sexual dynamics featured more prominently than did relationship problems in women's attributions. The authors discuss the results in terms of clinical implications in the psychosocial component of treatment for hypoactive sexual desire disorder.

And they say it's only men who like variety?? I heard it's from the ingredients in the wedding cake.
    Oh no. another cut and paste fan. Women get bored the same reason men do. What started as Love has become Friendship.
    If life gives you lemons ask for Tequila

Only sad bastards seek gratification from signatures

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Lucy Chambers For This Useful Post:

hd7055 (02-01-11), hornylimerick (02-01-11), Shirley Joy (01-01-11)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by lucy chambers View Post
    Oh no. another cut and paste fan. Women get bored the same reason men do. What started as Love has become Friendship.
    oh yeah hun!!!

but this is a question 4 them-let's see the answers..
    Why married men over 35-40yrs old are crazy about 18 years old chicks??? lol

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Shirley Joy For This Useful Post:

Lucy Chambers (01-01-11)

Reviews

To late and tired to think about it to much.

Personally I think it's my fault for not paying enough attention to my wife whenever she goes off sex.
    It perhaps has to be both a physical and mental stimulation to ensure an active sex life.
    After all I believe it takes both parties to work, develop and nuture a relationship to ensure it's successfulness.

If one party does not put in the effort into a relationship, then it is easy for things to slide.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by shirleyy View Post
    oh yeah hun!!!

but this is a question 4 them-let's see the answers..
    Why married men over 35-40yrs old are crazy about 18 years old chicks??? lol
    What about us 47 year old men?

Blog Entries

In my own case we are much better friends than we are lovers or sexual partners which suits us fine. Think the sex became boring for us both over time.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to magicalman9357 For This Useful Post:

madjack (02-01-11)

Quote Originally Posted by herodotus View Post
    Jaysus, I am lost myself...

I hope you cut and pasted that from somewhere cause if you didnt I fear you may have swallowed a dictionary over the last 24 hours....
    Quote Originally Posted by lucy chambers View Post
    link to article is embedded in first line, based on this study: J Sex Marital Ther. 2010 Jul;36(4):360-80.
    I'm always amused when I see sarcasm about pasting pieces..( particularly when the you're too lazy to read the source is cited in first five words!?) it's kind of like when the guards pull you over for (say) drink driving & they cite the law- do you ask them if they wrote the regulations?

Quote Originally Posted by jimmydee View Post
    Therein is the problem.
    Too many of us cut and paste in bed, when we should be just typing freely away and see what happens on the sheets
    But consider this analytically. Most Irish men were brought up in the shadow of the Church, and more importantly mammy. Some guys still believe that to just have sex is an almost unbelievable terrifically ....naughty thing. Trust me, I have had the most hilarious appointments..''shall we try it this way?''...says me..

''Jaysus, I can get it in that way?'' Says him..

What do I prefer, the on script sex lothario with a million reviews and a teach me attitude, or the innocent farmer come to see the harlot? Mmmm. Not telling. But suffice to say for some men oral is a mouthwash and foreplay is a condom...
    If life gives you lemons ask for Tequila

Only sad bastards seek gratification from signatures

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Lucy Chambers For This Useful Post:

rover (02-01-11)

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast