Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13

Thread: Issues with other members

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    5,354

    Default Issues with other members

    All

    Can i please ask that if a member has issues regarding other members for whatever reason, this is raised with the mods / managers to deal with.

    Witchhunts on the public forums is not nice for anybody on the site, and quite often it descends into nasty comments, and sometimes allegations with no evidence. Sometimes there may be cases where allegations are true, but its best dealt with off the boards, where the evidence can be checked out and a fair decision made.

    Also when issues descend into chaos on the boards, we may end up having to punish others because of rule breaches and provakation and this only makes matters worse.

    THanks
    VJ
    xx

  2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to vampirejackie For This Useful Post:

    Doozer (29-12-10), dr love (29-12-10), Monkeynut (29-12-10), Nicole (29-12-10)

  3. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Indoors with Emmasweet
    Posts
    36,636
    Blog Entries
    15
    Reviews
    61

    Default

    Well said VJ :doc
    Between two evils, I always pick the one I never tried before.
    People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do .: doc

  4. #3
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    In this thread
    Posts
    21,747
    Reviews
    102

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vampirejackie View Post
    All

    Can i please ask that if a member has issues regarding other members for whatever reason, this is raised with the mods / managers to deal with.

    Witchhunts on the public forums is not nice for anybody on the site, and quite often it descends into nasty comments, and sometimes allegations with no evidence. Sometimes there may be cases where allegations are true, but its best dealt with off the boards, where the evidence can be checked out and a fair decision made.

    Also when issues descend into chaos on the boards, we may end up having to punish others because of rule breaches and provakation and this only makes matters worse.

    THanks
    VJ
    xx

    That is all well and good VJ and I am the first to want to comply with rules, but I have a problem with your methods and timeframe in handling certain cases. In the recent case that probably prompted you to start this thread, you were approached by the victim asking for assistance in dealing with a stalker. I am lead to believe the you were given proof of harassment as it was occurring at the earlier stages, but your inaction allowed to fester to a more serious issue causing the victim unnecessary distress. It was then left to an Escort colleague to raise the issue publicly in an attempt to relieve the distress being caused. Not one Mod came forward in support, fully knowing all the details for sometime previously. I was personally asked to bite my lip, and I am sure others were too. only to find that I am to be insulted by this member to be allowed use an avatar of a person sticking out their
    tongue giving a ‘raspberry’, as if to say fuck you I am untouchable.

    The member had a chance to back away with dignity, but by you guys turning a blind eye I feel you allowed this situation to fester.

    Sometimes there may be cases where allegations are true, but its best dealt with off the boards, where the evidence can be checked out and a fair decision made.
    You had the evidence months before, why didn’t you do something then. Sometimes we cannot wait for you to act. I am not the type to grab a pitchfork or flaming torch, but lets be honest here.

  5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JAMESCORK For This Useful Post:

    69patrick69 (29-12-10), dannyboy10 (29-12-10)

  6. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    5,354

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JAMESCORK View Post
    That is all well and good VJ and I am the first to want to comply with rules, but I have a problem with your methods and timeframe in handling certain cases. In the recent case that probably prompted you to start this thread, you were approached by the victim asking for assistance in dealing with a stalker. I am lead to believe the you were given proof of harassment as it was occurring at the earlier stages, but your inaction allowed to fester to a more serious issue causing the victim unnecessary distress. It was then left to an Escort colleague to raise the issue publicly in an attempt to relieve the distress being caused. Not one Mod came forward in support, fully knowing all the details for sometime previously. I was personally asked to bite my lip, and I am sure others were too. only to find that I am to be insulted by this member to be allowed use an avatar of a person sticking out their
    tongue giving a ‘raspberry’, as if to say fuck you I am untouchable.

    The member had a chance to back away with dignity, but by you guys turning a blind eye I feel you allowed this situation to fester.



    You had the evidence months before, why didn’t you do something then. Sometimes we cannot wait for you to act. I am not the type to grab a pitchfork or flaming torch, but lets be honest here.
    I am afraid you are incorrect. The information was only given to us in the last week. We have been taking time to check things out.

  7. #5
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    At home
    Posts
    22,443

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JAMESCORK View Post
    That is all well and good VJ and I am the first to want to comply with rules, but I have a problem with your methods and timeframe in handling certain cases. In the recent case that probably prompted you to start this thread, you were approached by the victim asking for assistance in dealing with a stalker. I am lead to believe the you were given proof of harassment as it was occurring at the earlier stages, but your inaction allowed to fester to a more serious issue causing the victim unnecessary distress. It was then left to an Escort colleague to raise the issue publicly in an attempt to relieve the distress being caused. Not one Mod came forward in support, fully knowing all the details for sometime previously. I was personally asked to bite my lip, and I am sure others were too. only to find that I am to be insulted by this member to be allowed use an avatar of a person sticking out their
    tongue giving a ‘raspberry’, as if to say fuck you I am untouchable.

    The member had a chance to back away with dignity, but by you guys turning a blind eye I feel you allowed this situation to fester.



    You had the evidence months before, why didn’t you do something then. Sometimes we cannot wait for you to act. I am not the type to grab a pitchfork or flaming torch, but lets be honest here.
    Thats not entirely true James
    Managment dealt with the individual at the time with the evidence they had and made a decesion based on that evidence
    Now the individual has gone back on what management said to him and it is only now that they had the resources to ban him
    Join the E-I Fantasy Football League

    http://www.escort-ireland.com/boards...ntasy-Football

  8. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    In this thread
    Posts
    21,747
    Reviews
    102

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vampirejackie View Post
    I am afraid you are incorrect. The information was only given to us in the last week. We have been taking time to check things out.
    Oh dear VJ, Maybe it was given to you in the past week, certain mods have known for some time...

    Ah look Im not trying to drag this out any more than necessary. I have made my point and I rest...

  9. #7
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    In this thread
    Posts
    21,747
    Reviews
    102

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Doozer View Post
    Thats not entirely true James
    Managment dealt with the individual at the time with the evidence they had and made a decesion based on that evidence
    Now the individual has gone back on what management said to him and it is only now that they had the resources to ban him
    Fair enough Doozie...

    Look we are all on the same side here... justice, even though late, has been done.

  10. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    5,354

    Default

    Allegations and rumours are one thing JC, until we have evidence to back it all up we wont act. We did give Mr Maxi a chance to resolve this and he went back on it, as the person didnt want to make a big issue out of it. Unfortunately due to other members on this site, making it into a big issue, it changed the goalposts. I think you are very unjust in throwing accusations at the mods about this. You guys dont have all the facts.

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to vampirejackie For This Useful Post:

    JAMESCORK (29-12-10)

  12. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Pat Cave always and forever.
    Posts
    13,343

    Default

    I agree with Jackie and also dont know why do you think Mods had full infos and didnt help. They were informed about situation as they are monitoring forum but they werent given full infos.

  13. #10
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    In this thread
    Posts
    21,747
    Reviews
    102

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vampirejackie View Post
    Allegations and rumours are one thing JC, until we have evidence to back it all up we wont act. We did give Mr Maxi a chance to resolve this and he went back on it, as the person didnt want to make a big issue out of it. Unfortunately due to other members on this site, making it into a big issue, it changed the goalposts. I think you are very unjust in throwing accusations at the mods about this. You guys dont have all the facts.
    K honey... Maybe I am being a bit harsh and should let you guys get on with your work.. I am sorry...

    p.s. I have all the facts from The Escorts side and obviously not from Maxis' so you are correct in what you say....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •