Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Years Eve Plans

Reviews

I've a party in a neighbour's house this year. Often I have a few beers and see the new year in with Jools Hollands Hootananny on the BBC. Sometimes he has a great musical line-up.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by An don View Post
    I used spend every New Years eve with my Nan since my grandad died but this year she is in hospital so i am at loose end.
    Smuggle a couple of bottles champus into the hospital and have a few with your Nan? She would appreciate it, I've no doubt. Seriously, hope it is nothing too serious and you can go and atleast visit her. Why change a good tradition?
    As for me, I'll go and have a few in my local during the day. Can't be bothered with going out, overpriced to get into pubs and clubs, only to have to queue for a long time for a beer or a visit to the toilet while people trying to be in party mood because it is expected of them. Agree with whomever said it is one of the worst days of the year to go out. Or I'm just becoming a grumpy old fart, most likely this last part.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by corkpunter View Post
    Smuggle a couple of bottles champus into the hospital and have a few with your Nan? She would appreciate it, I've no doubt. Seriously, hope it is nothing too serious and you can go and atleast visit her. Why change a good tradition?
    As for me, I'll go and have a few in my local during the day. Can't be bothered with going out, overpriced to get into pubs and clubs, only to have to queue for a long time for a beer or a visit to the toilet while people trying to be in party mood because it is expected of them. Agree with whomever said it is one of the worst days of the year to go out. Or I'm just becoming a grumpy old fart, most likely this last part.
    I'm going to Cork for New Years. Beware my friend!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12