Thread: Could the mods tell us what they are doing when they delete or move threads?

Reviews

Default Could the mods tell us what they are doing when they delete or move threads?

I do not want to enter into a discussion here about the rights and wrongs of threads being removed but I do have a suggestion.

Mods, if you feel that a thread needs to be deleted, moved elsewhere or just made hidden for a time while you sort out some issue, could you please make a statement in the relevant forum.

I am sure that the mods always do this from good motives but if a thread suddenly vanishes with no explanation, it is no surprise that forum members will be concerned about this.

Something like this:

Thread title: Removed thread, <some descriptive text>
    Thread content: The thread in which people were discussing <whatever it was> has been removed because <reason goes here>

I do not suggest that you must use the original thread title because the title may well have been the problem.

At least if it was done like that, the forum members would understand what was going on.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sharkskin For This Useful Post:

hornylimerick (27-12-10), n73 (27-12-10)

I dont see this being a problem. Will mention it to the mods etc.