Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Go on the Toffees

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Halicarnassus
    Posts
    683
    Reviews
    13

    Default Go on the Toffees

    Everton for the champions league (ok maybe not but that was some performance)!! It was especially nice to put one over the spolied brats at city.

    So United are top at xmas having had a pretty mediocre (by their standards) first half to the season.

    Chelsea are imploding and running scared (was there any snow on the Fulham road??).

    Arsenal are still playing nice football.

    Liverpool have some doppelganger running around in a number 9 jersey.

    Totenham (well nuff said really, though I think they will put one over Milan). In fairness I like Arry but they are not going to win the leauge though I enjoy watching them play.

    So who the hell is going to win the league this year?

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to herodotus For This Useful Post:

    stickytoffee10 (20-12-10)

  3. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Not fucking limerick anyway!!
    Posts
    2,054
    Reviews
    31

    Default

    It's an awful awful division this season. This is an average United team and they look pretty comfortable at moment.

  4. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Halicarnassus
    Posts
    683
    Reviews
    13

    Default

    In fairness it is more exciting than usual.

    Quote Originally Posted by debest View Post
    It's an awful awful division this season. This is an average United team and they look pretty comfortable at moment.

  5. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    1,067
    Reviews
    27

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by herodotus View Post
    Everton for the champions league (ok maybe not but that was some performance)!! It was especially nice to put one over the spolied brats at city.

    So United are top at xmas having had a pretty mediocre (by their standards) first half to the season.

    Chelsea are imploding and running scared (was there any snow on the Fulham road??).

    Arsenal are still playing nice football.

    Liverpool have some doppelganger running around in a number 9 jersey.

    Totenham (well nuff said really, though I think they will put one over Milan). In fairness I like Arry but they are not going to win the leauge though I enjoy watching them play.

    So who the hell is going to win the league this year?
    Excellent toffees win, Tim Cahill is a top pro (legend).

  6. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Belfast
    Posts
    1,783
    Reviews
    10

    Default

    Well done Everton ! Helps us that they win hehe

  7. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    west coast
    Posts
    973
    Reviews
    45

    Default

    the standard this season is piss poor, i think it reflects on the state of the game in england, it is just dropping its standard every year, man utd to win in a canter again and they are avery poor side in all fairness.

  8. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Halicarnassus
    Posts
    683
    Reviews
    13

    Default

    So how many of the English teams will make it to the last 8 of the champions league?

    Will any make it to the semis or final... or even win it??



    Quote Originally Posted by RodeoMan View Post
    the standard this season is piss poor, i think it reflects on the state of the game in england, it is just dropping its standard every year, man utd to win in a canter again and they are avery poor side in all fairness.
    Last edited by herodotus; 20-12-10 at 23:51. Reason: Obviously Arsenal will stuff Barca:-)

  9. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    west coast
    Posts
    973
    Reviews
    45

    Default

    good question, unfortunately the gunners have barca so no chance, so of all the teams left utd have the best chance but a quarter final is there best chnace, utd would not live with barca or real

  10. #9
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Halicarnassus
    Posts
    683
    Reviews
    13

    Default

    Barca are looking pretty good but I would not put much money on Real doing anything. They will prob beat Lyon but after that it is touch and go. Chelsea should be able to get by Copenhagen and I think that Spurs will beat Milan (if they have Dawson and King fit for the two legs).

    So I would say that there will be at least two, Chelsea and Utd. With Spurs having a good chance. No chance for Arsenal. Well ig is a two horse race but it would take an implostion from Barca to lose it.

    Of course, it all depends on the draw in the last 8 as to who will get any further than that. If the english teams avoid Barca I think they will get through. So at least one and possibly two in the semis. My crystal ball gets a bit snowey after that...





    Quote Originally Posted by RodeoMan View Post
    good question, unfortunately the gunners have barca so no chance, so of all the teams left utd have the best chance but a quarter final is there best chnace, utd would not live with barca or real

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •