Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Moaning and Bitching about a bit of snow

Quote Originally Posted by ber View Post
    There seems to be some confusion here as this was specifically adressed on the news one evening, seems the corporation sought
    legal advice on the issue and they gave people the all clear to clear the paths, so im just quoting this.
    What i do know is that in the States its the opposite that if u dont clear ure paths ure liable which results in people who are
    not physically capable of clearing there own having to hire someone to do it
    If we adopted this part of the rule to all households and public buildings so that all paths were kept clean, there's no cost to local council.

CG
    I intend to live forever. So far, so good.

Wise men talk because they have something to say;
    fools talk because they have to say something:
    Plato

Reviews

The second half of your post is on the ball. It should be that way here and that would put the onus on everyone to play their part and take responsibity.

With regard to the corporation's legal advice I would not out too much faith in this. Have you ever looked at the list of pay outs by teh corporation to individuals forllowing litigation. I am not sure thay have the best legal advice.

And, an individual could claim that they were only following the say so of the corporation but this could then push the responsibility onto the corporation. And, I can guarantee you that they owuld be pretty quick to deny that they gave anyone the sayso to do anything.

There seems to be some confusion here as this was specifically adressed on the news one evening, seems the corporation sought
    legal advice on the issue and they gave people the all clear to clear the paths, so im just quoting this.
    What i do know is that in the States its the opposite that if u dont clear ure paths ure liable which results in people who are
    not physically capable of clearing there own having to hire someone to do it

Reviews

Absolutely, Ber is bang on here. But, the problem in this country is that the dail does not update and create legislation to deal with all of this.

And so it is back to the politicians. But, then again they are too busy delivering passports and attending funerals to be bothered with legislation.

Quote Originally Posted by City Gent View Post
    If we adopted this part of the rule to all households and public buildings so that all paths were kept clean, there's no cost to local council.

CG

well this thread is very interesting...where i am living I wish I had only a couple of inches of snow.. life would be a lot easier.. unfortunately its a lot deeper.. this has an effect on a lot more than paths.. the council can not get in to empty bins.. there is no gritting of our roads as not public highways... the good ole postie walks that bit further to deliver our post.. my neighbours are fantastic and all come together as a community.. them helping them not able to get out and about..when someone is up earlier and know that some have to travel and have no opition they help clear cars.. but is that not what it is all about..so may I just saying the clearing of paths is not the vital responsiblity in this weather.. it is making sure everyone around you is well and ok..xx

5. The Following User Says Thank You to DONEGALANGEL For This Useful Post:

herodotus (18-12-10)

We are complaining about a few inches of snow and the gridlock it causes.
    All the blame is being put on the NRA and the councils,
    That's not what the title of this topic says. The topic title says "moaning and bitching about a bit of snow", it says nothing about the NRA. As if you're some kind of hard man that doesn't grumble about it or remark on it, even when it's fucking freezing and extremely hard/hazardous/impossible to drive in some places.

where is the personal
    responsibility here. We expect the councils to be prepared with salt and grit
    and snow ploughs
    Who the hell is "we"? I never expected that, speak for yourself Ber.

Maybe we don't all have the money to invest in snowwheels etc.

And european drivers are shit. They cause a huge fraction of the accidents here.
    Last edited by nicegirlsarenice; 18-12-10 at 22:52.

Quote Originally Posted by nicegirlsarenice View Post
    That's not what the title of this topic says. The topic title says it's about the "bit of snow", it says nothing about the NRA.

Who the hell is "we"? I never expected that, speak for yourself Ber.
    the moaning and bitching part of the title of the thread let me know who started it.....merry christmas ber lol

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by DONEGALANGEL View Post
    well this thread is very interesting...where i am living I wish I had only a couple of inches of snow.. life would be a lot easier.. unfortunately its a lot deeper.. this has an effect on a lot more than paths.. the council can not get in to empty bins.. there is no gritting of our roads as not public highways... the good ole postie walks that bit further to deliver our post.. my neighbours are fantastic and all come together as a community.. them helping them not able to get out and about..when someone is up earlier and know that some have to travel and have no opition they help clear cars.. but is that not what it is all about..so may I just saying the clearing of paths is not the vital responsiblity in this weather.. it is making sure everyone around you is well and ok..xx
    Well this is what im talking about Angel people taking care of things and getting on with it, the reality is people in rural areas
    suffer much more from inclement weather and complain much less. Basically we adapt because if we didnt we wouldnt survive.
    If i have a problem my neighbour will help me if he has one i will help him its the way of the countryside. There is a hill near me
    in the last few weeks i have pulled several trucks up the hill, i dont have to do it i dont want thanks for doing it, i just
    see it as helping my neighbours as invariably the deliveries are for them. Same way they would help me its just the way in
    the countryside.
    Blatant promotion should be outlawed
    but
    Vincent Browne is a Hero

9. The Following User Says Thank You to ber For This Useful Post:

benin (18-12-10)

Reviews

Certainly my inclination would be to help someone out if they were in trouble. And this was always one of the good sides of Irish life especially in the country.

Well this is what im talking about Angel people taking care of things and getting on with it, the reality is people in rural areas
    suffer much more from inclement weather and complain much less. Basically we adapt because if we didnt we wouldnt survive.
    If i have a problem my neighbour will help me if he has one i will help him its the way of the countryside. There is a hill near me
    in the last few weeks i have pulled several trucks up the hill, i dont have to do it i dont want thanks for doing it, i just
    see it as helping my neighbours as invariably the deliveries are for them. Same way they would help me its just the way in
    the countryside.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to herodotus For This Useful Post:

benin (18-12-10)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by lovethegirls View Post
    Totally agree. The whole place goes into a panic. The snow we get is nothing compared to other countries.
    The problem is that when we are faced with a problem is we become a bunch of headless chickens and even the the smallest things become major obstacles.....
    I have lived a life of regrets.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to aml For This Useful Post:

benin (18-12-10), ber (18-12-10)

Reviews

It is nice when somone takes charge of a situation and tells you exactly what to do.

Quote Originally Posted by aml View Post
    The problem is that when we are faced with a problem is we become a bunch of headless chickens and even the the smallest things become major obstacles.....

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234