Thread: Rubberbandits- Witless Talentless Drivel.

Thumbs down Rubberbandits- Witless Talentless Drivel.

The current success of the rubberbandits merely confirms the crass stupidity and intellectual dwarfism rife in western society today.

Along with such mindless lowest common denominator drivel like Reality TV, X Factor, Westlife et al, voting for Fianna Fail or Fine Gael, George Bushs double election and smoking (the list is quite endless) ,it just shows how the vast majority of humankind continues to plumb the depths of stupidity than to attempt to rise above their basest moronic emotions and natural ignorance by ever attempting to embrace a higher intellectual plain.

It would appear that use of base language and references to human genitalia excites the masses more than high intellect and profound wit. A pretty face with big tits or pretty boy with 6 pack is of greater interest and heroic potential to the caveman/woman riff raff which seem to breed unfettered their equally appallingly cretinous progeny.

Woe betide any that try to raise the bar with high art or science or intelligent political/economic/cultural analysis, for in the land of the blind the one eyed man is king.

No doubt the baseless wit I speak of shall reply to this thread with some ill thought out inarticulate rant, should they not develop a migraine by trying to read anything beyond a paragraph in this soundbite world of ours.
    Last edited by Alec Horan; 17-12-10 at 16:16.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Alec Horan For This Useful Post:

ber (17-12-10)

Quote Originally Posted by Alec Horan View Post
    The current success of the rubberbandits merely confirms the crass stupidity and intellectual dwarfism rife in western society today.

Along with such mindless lowest common denominator drivel like Reality TV, X Factor, Westlife et al, voting for Fianna Fail or Fine Gael, George Bushs double election and smoking (the list is quite endless) ,it just shows how the vast majority of humankind continues to plumb the depths of stupidity than to attempt to rise above their basest moronic emotions and natural ignorance by ever attempting to embrace a higher intellectual plain.

It would appear that use of base language and references to human genitalia excites the masses more than high intellect and profound wit. A pretty face with big tits or pretty boy with 6 pack is of greater interest and heroic potential to the caveman/woman riff raff which seem to breed unfettered their equally appallingly cretinous progeny.

Woe betide any that try to raise the bar with high art or science or intelligent political/economic/cultural analysis, for in the land of the blind the one eyed man is king.

No doubt the baseless wit I speak of shall reply to this thread with some ill thought out inarticulate rant, should they not develop a migraine by trying to read anything beyond a paragraph in this soundbite world of ours.
    big tits hmmmmmmmmmmmm

its humour...what else can get us out of the recession......
    Kisses Katie

Blog Entries
    Reviews

I am proud to say that thus far I have evaded the noise that is this song.

Reviews

BOOBIES.............

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to JAMESCORK For This Useful Post:

City Gent (17-12-10), lonely (17-12-10), sexyfukka (17-12-10)

You need to be in touch with the youth of society to understand the irony mate....it was never meant for people like you. Funny how it is so beneath you, and yet it must taken you a good 4 or 5 minutes to throw that thread together. Is that ironic again? Help me clever clogs i'm not sure...............anyway fuck your articulate rant (it was very articulate, well done btw) i've a horse outside!!!!

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by wilko88 View Post
    You need to be in touch with the youth of society to understand the irony mate....it was never meant for people like you. Funny how it is so beneath you, and yet it must taken you a good 4 or 5 minutes to throw that thread together. Is that ironic again? Help me clever clogs i'm not sure...............anyway fuck your articulate rant (it was very articulate, well done btw) i've a horse outside!!!!
    I think you will find your deliverance of the word 'horse' may come accross too posh, better to say 'haaaarse'

Alec,
    As a matter of curiosity what would you prefer to see gracing the airways/computer screens of Ireland? I suspect that Mozart & keynesian economics will not lift spirits of a depressed nation in quite the same manner.
    Is this particular song toilet humour?- sure.
    Does it <appear> to condone substance abuse?- sure
    Is Limerick portrayed in a less than beneficial light? - sure
    But here's the thing- it's merely a parody of the reality that exists in the sub-culture of parts of every Irish urban environment- if you you don't like it, don't pay it any heed.
    I listed to Joe Duffy show on the topic & poor auld Willie O'Dea had to defend himself against a bunch of dour moaning whiners that typify a class of (mentally) old folks that started a while back:

"What is happening to our young people? They disrespect their elders, they disobey their parents. They ignore the law. They riot in the streets inflamed with wild notions. Their morals are decaying. What is to become of them?"

- Plato, 400 BC

Alec- I don't wholly disagree that in one sense this reflects poorly on Irish society- but it is just a reflection & one that a lot more "real" than the BS on 'Reality TV'.
    On a peripheral note, I'd observe that the song is quite witty, & the official video is actually rather well produced & executed.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Alec Horan View Post

How I wish I could write like you do Alec. And I am not joking

Quote Originally Posted by JAMESCORK View Post
    I think you will find your deliverance of the word 'horse' may come accross too posh, better to say 'haaaarse'
    Ain't that what they carry coffins in

City Gent
    I intend to live forever. So far, so good.

Wise men talk because they have something to say;
    fools talk because they have to say something:
    Plato