Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Only in America

Reviews

Default Only in America

I see a mother is suing McDonalds in a claim that their Happy Meal toys are luring children towards unhealthy food options

http://www.rte.ie/news/2010/1216/mcdonalds.html

Now I am no fan of big corporations, and I don't particularly like McDonalds food (Wendy's is my favourite, followed by Burger King), but I think this is madness.

Whatever happened parenting as an option to steer children along the right path?

So what is your opinion? Fair play to her for tackling the imperialist might of a heartless capitalist behemoth? Or a new level in opt-out madness?
    The Gods are just, and of our pleasant vices
    Make instruments to plague us

2. The Following User Says Thank You to scotus For This Useful Post:

hornylimerick (16-12-10)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Mr White View Post
    I think she actually has a point. But then again, don't movies promote guns? Could end up suing the world.
    Well, this was my line of thinking, more or less.

Supposing she was successful, who would be the next to sue? Some children were attracted to the picture on the chocolate wrapper? They like the colour of the wrapper? The adverts on television persuaded them to want to buy junk food?

Where would it end?

Reviews

Ahaha this reminds me of the case last year when a woman in Florida called the cops THREE times on McDonalds because they'd run out of chicken nuggets:

"This is an emergency. If I would have known they didn't have McNuggets, I wouldn't have given my money, and now she wants to give me a McDouble"

Florida Woman Calls 911 After McDonald's Runs Out of McNuggets - Local News | News Articles | National News | US News - FOXNews.com

I will say this though, after watching a couple afternoon's worth of tv with my niece on nickelodeon or whatever channel it was I think it's fucking disgusting the way each 4 minute adbreak is crammed with toy advert after toy advert. It's not fair on the parents and shouldn't be allowed in my opinion.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by ChiefHandker View Post
    Ahaha this reminds me of the case last year when a woman in Florida called the cops THREE times on McDonalds because they'd run out of chicken nuggets:
    There was another famous case involving McDonalds (I am sensing a pattern here) where a woman sued, AND WON, over coffee being too hot - she suffered third degree burns.

http://www.highbeam.com/doc/1P2-4243534.html

Duhhhhhh yeah - coffee is meant to be hot.

Reviews

Americans have a gene deficiency ....... they are naturally defective!

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by scotus View Post
    I see a mother is suing McDonalds in a claim that their Happy Meal toys are luring children towards unhealthy food options

Now I am no fan of big corporations, and I don't particularly like McDonalds food (Wendy's is my favourite, followed by Burger King), but I think this is madness.

Whatever happened parenting as an option to steer children along the right path?

So what is your opinion? Fair play to her for tackling the imperialist might of a heartless capitalist behemoth? Or a new level in opt-out madness?
    BK's Whopper is flavoursome! Is Wendy's the one with a square burger/bun?
    Last edited by warmcome; 16-12-10 at 21:34.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by warmcome View Post
    BK's Whopper is flavoursome! Is Wendy's the one with a square burger?
    Not that I remember, but it's been a long while since I've been in one so they could have come up with that since.

Reviews

This is just crazy. Not that I suppport big corporations but I hope she loses the case.

Blog Entries

Bit extreme I think not that I am a fan of big corporations but way too crazy this.

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Good thread scotus opt out madness plan and simple lol doc
    Never mistake kindness for weakness .: doc

12. The Following User Says Thank You to dr love For This Useful Post:

scotus (17-12-10)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast