Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Frankie Boyle: Has he over stepped the mark?

Default Frankie Boyle: Has he over stepped the mark?

As we all know Frankie Boyle’s style of humor can sometimes sail a bit close too the wind, so do you think he’s over stepped the mark this time?

For anyone that doesn’t know or heard about this basically on his comedy show last week on Channel 4 he made fun of Katie Price’s (aka Jordan) 7 year old disabled child Harvey.

Harvey was born blind and has learning disabilities.

So has Boyle over stepped the mark with his latest controversy or are we just getting all worked up over a comic who likes to push the boundaries with comedy in this over PC world we live in?

Here’s what he said:-

Last edited by JohnRambo; 13-12-10 at 18:28.
    "Live for nothing or die for something, your call."

I personally think Frankie Boyle is hilarious. But I can see a lot of people ranting and raving over this that he shouldn't be allowed say this on TV and its a disgrace but its simple if you don't like or approve of him don't watch him on TV and don't go to his shows. As they say different strokes for different folks.
    Shit happens when you party naked!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to shanamaniac For This Useful Post:

dark-knight (19-12-10)

Quote Originally Posted by shanamaniac View Post
    I personally think Frankie Boyle is hilarious. But I can see a lot of people ranting and raving over this that he shouldn't be allowed say this on TV and its a disgrace but its simple if you don't like or approve of him don't watch him on TV and don't go to his shows. As they say different strokes for different folks.
    I totally agree with you mate I think Boyle is class but I do think he’s out of order this time. OK Price is just an attention seeking media hunger celebrity but to have a pop at her 7 year old disabled child like that is totally wrong I think.

There’s huge row about it as far as I know in the English press and Ofcom are looking into it so Channel 4 could get a rap on the knuckles over it.

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by JohnRambo View Post
    I totally agree with you mate I think Boyle is class but I do think he’s out of order this time. OK Price is just an attention seeking media hunger celebrity but to have a pop at her 7 year old disabled child like that is totally wrong I think.

There’s huge row about it as far as I know in the English press and Ofcom are looking into it so Channel 4 could get a rap on the knuckles over it.
    I agree totally with you John and for personal reasons ; doc
    Never mistake kindness for weakness .: doc

Quote Originally Posted by dr love View Post
    I agree totally with you John and for personal reasons ; doc
    I know what they are Doc as we’ve talked about stuff in private so I totally understand where you are coming from.

I do think as a society we should have some standards of decency, sadly on this occasion Boyle doesn’t agree.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to JohnRambo For This Useful Post:

dr love (13-12-10)

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by JohnRambo View Post
    I know what they are Doc as we’ve talked about stuff in private so I totally understand where you are coming from.

I do think as a society we should have some standards of decency, sadly on this occasion Boyle doesn’t agree.
    Let the dickhead to his own shit world then because if iposted what I truly felt I'd get banned . Lol doc
    Never mistake kindness for weakness .: doc

Reviews

Frankie is one of my favourite comedians, and this sort of thing is to be expected from him. But I have to say that what he said was just... Everything has a boundary line somewhere, even for guys like Frankie. But he took one giant leap over it with that. I honestly can't see how anyone would find what he said funny.

Reviews

I believe he has the right to say what he wants. Free Speech is either unrestricted or it isnt Free Speech.
    Last edited by Rayden; 14-12-10 at 01:10. Reason: OCD

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Rayden View Post
    I believe he has the right to say what he wants. Free Speech is either unrestricted or it isnt Free Speech.
    Very true. I know he's a comedian and all, a hilarious one at that, but that was just too much. Free speech is one thing, everyone is entitled to say whatever they wish. But whether they should or not is another matter entirely. And in this case, I believe it was extremely inappropriate even for someone as ostentatious as him.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by ladiesman217 View Post
    Very true. I know he's a comedian and all, a hilarious one at that, but that was just too much. Free speech is one thing, everyone is entitled to say whatever they wish. But whether they should or not is another matter entirely. And in this case, I believe it was extremely inappropriate even for someone as ostentatious as him.
    My views on Free Speech are very black and white. Either everything is OK and fair game for comedy, or it isnt. No exceptions.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Rayden For This Useful Post:

northernwaster (28-12-10)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast