Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 178

Thread: Why we do it

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    In a cathouse
    Posts
    3,548
    Blog Entries
    1
    Reviews
    26

    Default Why we do it

    There have been a lot of comments for a long time from mods, and some from managers or owners, about us ordinary mortals engaging in speculation without the full facts. I thought it might be helpful if I explained why we do this. It's because You never fucking tell us anything! There, I hope that clears things up.

    “I wish you wouldn’t keep appearing and vanishing so suddenly; you make one quite giddy!”
    “All right,” said the Cat; and this time it vanished quite slowly, beginning with the end of the tail, and ending with the grin, which remained some time after the rest of it had gone.

  2. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to El Gordo For This Useful Post:

    69patrick69 (12-12-10), dannyboy10 (12-12-10), herodotus (12-12-10), JAMESCORK (12-12-10), kelso (12-12-10), Lucy Chambers (12-12-10), Monkeynut (12-12-10), monster_monster (12-12-10), Rayden (12-12-10), Shirley Joy (12-12-10), UKHeather (12-12-10)

  3. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    5,354

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by El Gordo View Post
    There have been a lot of comments for a long time from mods, and some from managers or owners, about us ordinary mortals engaging in speculation without the full facts. I thought it might be helpful if I explained why we do this. It's because You never fucking tell us anything! There, I hope that clears things up.
    Thats a bit unfair and not entirely true.
    Firstly Infractions are private to the individual person, and if they wish to share them thats their choice.
    We generally explain when asked why someone has been banned, and if its perm or temp. There are times when we cant give you the full facts, and these are generally for good reasons.

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to vampirejackie For This Useful Post:

    UKHeather (12-12-10)

  5. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    FLUFFY END OF TOWN
    Posts
    36,004

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by El Gordo View Post
    There have been a lot of comments for a long time from mods, and some from managers or owners, about us ordinary mortals engaging in speculation without the full facts. I thought it might be helpful if I explained why we do this. It's because You never fucking tell us anything! There, I hope that clears things up.
    are we as posters getting to fucking nosey?

  6. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    In a cathouse
    Posts
    3,548
    Blog Entries
    1
    Reviews
    26

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vampirejackie View Post
    Thats a bit unfair and not entirely true.
    Firstly Infractions are private to the individual person, and if they wish to share them thats their choice.
    We generally explain when asked why someone has been banned, and if its perm or temp. There are times when we cant give you the full facts, and these are generally for good reasons.
    I wouldn't say you generally tell us why someone was banned. In fact you almost never tell us. But my point is that you can't ban someone, refuse to answer questions about it, and then act surprised when people come up with their own explanations. More transparency would mean less speculation.
    Last edited by El Gordo; 12-12-10 at 00:36.

    “I wish you wouldn’t keep appearing and vanishing so suddenly; you make one quite giddy!”
    “All right,” said the Cat; and this time it vanished quite slowly, beginning with the end of the tail, and ending with the grin, which remained some time after the rest of it had gone.

  7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to El Gordo For This Useful Post:

    Lucy Chambers (12-12-10), UKHeather (12-12-10)

  8. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Look behind you
    Posts
    16,654

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vampirejackie View Post
    Thats a bit unfair and not entirely true.
    Firstly Infractions are private to the individual person, and if they wish to share them thats their choice.
    We generally explain when asked why someone has been banned, and if its perm or temp. There are times when we cant give you the full facts, and these are generally for good reasons.
    And I posted a thread asking why my thread was deleted. Nada. Just more provocation from Westside.
    If life gives you lemons ask for Tequila

    Only sad bastards seek gratification from signatures

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to Lucy Chambers For This Useful Post:

    UKHeather (12-12-10)

  10. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Dublin
    Posts
    1,199
    Reviews
    9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by benin View Post
    are we as posters getting to fucking nosey?
    Well, curiosity did kill the cat after all ...
    The Gods are just, and of our pleasant vices
    Make instruments to plague us

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to scotus For This Useful Post:

    benin (12-12-10)

  12. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    FLUFFY END OF TOWN
    Posts
    36,004

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by scotus View Post
    Well, curiosity did kill the cat after all ...
    you bastard..you want me dead...wait you mean gordo or danny dont ya?

  13. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Pallet Town
    Posts
    5,879
    Reviews
    38

    Default

    This place. Teh EI cycle - Controversial thread, somebody posts something, gets banned, speculation begins, mods remain silent, the banned user then returns. Right now we are in stage 4 - speculation.

  14. The Following User Says Thank You to Rayden For This Useful Post:

    herodotus (12-12-10)

  15. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Dublin
    Posts
    1,434
    Reviews
    8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lucy chambers View Post
    And I posted a thread asking why my thread was deleted. Nada. Just more provocation from Westside.
    My posts aren't deleted.
    What does that say?

    No really, what?

  16. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    14,557
    Blog Entries
    11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by El Gordo View Post
    I wouldn't say you generally tell us why someone was banned. In fact you almost never tell us. But my point is that you can't ban someone, refuse to answer questions about it, and then act surprised when people come up with their own explanations. More transparency would mean less speculation.
    So why dont you pm managers and ask? Whats wrong with that? Instead there are threads started that go on for pages and usually end up all over the place. If you wanted to know specifically why a person was banned wouldnt it make more sense to pm and ask?

    Westside.

Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •