Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: being famous...

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by scotus View Post
    But why?

Please explain. I am genuinely curious.
    Extra pussy!

Take that were on the late show last night and the girls were behaving as per Beatles.
    Matt from X-factor recieved sex from his make-up artist-moments before taking the stage.
    Prince Charles says hes sick of offers. Girls like a piece of the famous guys. Yet were there a Robbie
    lookalike working in Dunnes he may be browsing E-I

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by warmcome View Post
    Extra pussy!

Take that were on the late show last night and the girls were behaving as per Beatles.
    Matt from X-factor recieved sex from his make-up artist-moments before taking the stage.
    Prince Charles says hes sick of offers. Girls like a piece of the famous guys. Yet were there a Robbie
    Your reading the newspapers too much. I wouldnt believe too much said in newspapers. Prince Charles is sick of offers? I have to see the offers first to be honest with you.

Westside.

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by dr love View Post
    It's amazing what they will do in the beginning for fame and as soon as they become famous the media become the bad guys .
    Quote Originally Posted by scotus View Post
    No, and I don't even see the attraction.

There was a time you only became famous for excelling at something, but now that's not the case.

So what exactly is the attraction? Sorry to be so out of touch, but I just don't see it
    Scotus you are far from been out of touch in fact I would think you are spot on in your post ; doc
    Never mistake kindness for weakness .: doc

4. The Following User Says Thank You to dr love For This Useful Post:

scotus (11-12-10)

Reviews

Extra pussy!

Well, I can accept that as a valid reason, so fair enough.

But it does seem that this comes with a lot of extra baggage, and I just wonder if there are not alternative routes to this nirvana.

It just seems to me a very high price to pay.
    The Gods are just, and of our pleasant vices
    Make instruments to plague us

6. The Following User Says Thank You to scotus For This Useful Post:

warmcome (11-12-10)

Blog Entries

No, I'd like having the money that came with being famous, but not the 'fame' itself; some people can handle it and some people can't; I think people who are attention-seekers, and need the adulation of others are best suited for fame

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by anitasizzle View Post
    No, I'd like having the money that came with being famous, but not the 'fame' itself; some people can handle it and some people can't; I think people who are attention-seekers, and need the adulation of others are best suited for fame
    Yes i find myself agreeing with u again, if u could have the trappings of fame but not the fame it would be great
    Two of my fave performers actually have managed this to a good degree, Enya and Van Morisson both have
    been unbelievably successful but have still managed to have relatively private lives
    Blatant promotion should be outlawed
    but
    Vincent Browne is a Hero

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ber View Post
    YEnya and Van Morisson both have
    been unbelievably successful but have still managed to have relatively private lives
    what brings the pitfalls of fame is the inability to handle it and the following stupidity of dealing with that inability. this is what gives the nedia the bait and it will constantly seek to use it once it has it as is eveidenced by lots of rubbish you see on daily papers.

Westside.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Westsidex View Post
    what brings the pitfalls of fame is the inability to handle it and the following stupidity of dealing with that inability. this is what gives the nedia the bait and it will constantly seek to use it once it has it as is eveidenced by lots of rubbish you see on daily papers.

Westside.
    Do you see now that if you or ber had been Gerry Ryan instead, 'you' could have gotten
    into bad habits, made mistakes and tripped as did he? to er is to be human.

if one is hard on others-they'ed have to be hard on themselves...

Blog Entries

Do you see now that if you or ber had been Gerry Ryan instead, 'you' could have gotten

Im not saying we would or wouldnt have but i am saying that if we did what he did some would have thought good of us while others wouldnt but i wouldnt expect their opinions to change just because i died.

Westside.

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Yes it could happen but if it did it would still be our own fault the mess we would end up in, nobody elses
    Blatant promotion should be outlawed
    but
    Vincent Browne is a Hero

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast