Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Gerry was a coke head

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by lucy chambers View Post
    I didn't make any comment on his nature. I didn't know him. I would love it if you would stay quiet while I speak but on past experience I find that unlikely
    Maybe you didnt experience the horrors of listening to him on his radio show? Listening to him speak like some kind of Primadonna.

By the way its all over the news,
    Westside.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Westsidex View Post
    Maybe you didnt experience the horrors of listening to him on his radio show? Listening to him speak like some kind of Primadonna.

Westside.
    Gerry didn't get to meet you.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by warmcome View Post
    Warmcome is back!! Remember me? I'm the cynical cunt.

Welcome back mate.

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Westsidex View Post

Westside.
    I think he is a striking example of our decadent years he was earning over €400,000 plus prob other appearence money etc
    and he couldnt make ends meet his financial affairs were a mess,it was touched on that prior to his death he had a meeting
    with the bank and his financial advisor and it did not go well. He lived a party lifestyle, by his own admission eating in top
    restaurants most nights and had an alcohol problem aswell
    Blatant promotion should be outlawed
    but
    Vincent Browne is a Hero

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by warmcome View Post
    I wouldnt talk to him if he did,
    Westside.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by ber View Post
    Well it is really, because as we are being told without drug users there would be no drug trade so if u use or buy
    drugs u are partly responsible for the misery murder and mayhem that surrounds the trade. This guy was in the
    public eye and on his show carried out many segments through the years vilifying drugs and all associated with
    them, thats just sheer hypocrisy
    Not necessarily.

You could argue that he knew full well the damage the drug was doing.

The guy obviously had troubles. Who are we to judge?
    The Gods are just, and of our pleasant vices
    Make instruments to plague us

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to scotus For This Useful Post:

Lucy Chambers (10-12-10), warmcome (10-12-10)

Well it is really, because as we are being told without drug users there would be no drug trade so if u use or buy
    drugs u are partly responsible for the misery murder and mayhem that surrounds the trade. This guy was in the
    public eye and on his show carried out many segments through the years vilifying drugs and all associated with
    them, thats just sheer hypocrisy
    Well, what would happen if he fully condoned drug use, and admitted his own use? He would lose his job, that's what. He may be a hypocrite but he's not stupid. I, too, would vilify drug use live on air and I'm sure he felt like he needed to - it's not socially acceptable to use drugs and to portray drugs as anything other than repugnant is seen as disgusting by the public. He was hardly going to say how much craic drugs are on-air and risk losing his job.

Do you think people really think about the Peruvian family enslaved by the drug trade while they horse cocaine up their nose? Of course not. As the old saying goes: "Out of sight, out of mind". It's sad but true!

I am probably a tad too liberal to be having this debate with anyone, anyway.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Bambaataa For This Useful Post:

Lucy Chambers (10-12-10)

Quote Originally Posted by Bambaataa View Post
    Well, what would happen if he fully condoned drug use, and admitted his own use? He would lose his job, that's what. He may be a hypocrite but he's not stupid. I, too, would vilify drug use live on air and I'm sure he felt like he needed to - it's not socially acceptable to use drugs and to portray drugs as anything other than repugnant is seen as disgusting by the public. He was hardly going to say how much craic drugs are on-air and risk losing his job.

Do you think people really think about the Peruvian family enslaved by the drug trade while they horse cocaine up their nose? Of course not. As the old saying goes: "Out of sight, out of mind". It's sad but true!

Not at all. Do carry on
    If life gives you lemons ask for Tequila

Only sad bastards seek gratification from signatures

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Lucy Chambers For This Useful Post:

Bambaataa (10-12-10)

Well looks like Gerry Ryan had a bit of a reaction to the cocaine he was snorting
    A bit hypocritical really as many the time he pontificated to us on his radio
    programme about the ills of Drug use. Seems like his whole life was a mess
    as it seems his financial affairs were in total dissaray aswell.
    The statement made by his wife Morag after the inquest was very telling
    once u read between the lines
    wonderfull to have you back posting ber...ryan was the voice of so many...maybe that fact made him self implode?

13. The Following User Says Thank You to benin For This Useful Post:

Lucy Chambers (10-12-10)

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Bambaataa View Post

I 100% agree with u that people dont care,we are just a selfish society full of selfish people who dont care about
    anything or anybody once we are ok ourselves and get our buzz . The thing is we see where we have ended up
    at the moment with our greed and selfishness ,and dont think for one minute that it is not all connected,all just
    another sympthom of the malaise we now live in
    Blatant promotion should be outlawed
    but
    Vincent Browne is a Hero

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast