Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Gerry was a coke head

Quote Originally Posted by oneeyedreilly View Post
    I think calling him a coke head is a bit strong, a user obviously but how much and often is another question. Who knows what pressures drive people to seek refuge in alcohol ,drugs etc. I didn't like him as a journalist/broadcaster but fair is fair, a user obviously but a coke head? unproven.
    Very true. And considering the man is dead, it might be nice not to speak ill of him.
    If life gives you lemons ask for Tequila

Only sad bastards seek gratification from signatures

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Lucy Chambers For This Useful Post:

dark-knight (11-12-10)

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Default Regular

Quote Originally Posted by oneeyedreilly View Post
    I think calling him a coke head is a bit strong, a user obviously but how much and often is another question. Who knows what pressures drive people to seek refuge in alcohol ,drugs etc. I didn't like him as a journalist/broadcaster but fair is fair, a user obviously but a coke head? unproven.
    Well it would appear he was a regular user as the coroner said there was evedience that his
    heart had been damaged by cocaine use prior to this incident.
    Blatant promotion should be outlawed
    but
    Vincent Browne is a Hero

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by lucy chambers View Post
    Very true. And considering the man is dead, it might be nice not to speak ill of him.
    I thought he was an arsehole while he lived, i thought he was an arsehole when he died and i still think he was an arsehole. I never believed in this change the way you think about someone just because they died.

its hypocrisy,
    Westside.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Westsidex For This Useful Post:

ber (10-12-10), Monkeynut (11-12-10)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ber View Post
    Well it would appear he was a regular user as the coroner said there was evedience that his
    heart had been damaged by cocaine use prior to this incident.
    Of course he was. Look at the bloat he had. Thats not fat, its water retention from cocaine use.

plz,
    Westside.

Reviews

Somebody some day is going to post a "Brian Cowen is a crap taoiseach" thread. Give it 10 years. And yis will all say "I knew it all along"
    Last edited by fiatpunter; 10-12-10 at 21:57. Reason: CowEn

8. The Following User Says Thank You to fiatpunter For This Useful Post:

Lucy Chambers (10-12-10)

Quote Originally Posted by Westsidex View Post
    I thought he was an arsehole while he lived, i thought he was an arsehole when he died and i still think he was an arsehole. I never believed in this change the way you think about someone just because they died.

its hypocrisy,
    Westside.
    No one mentioned changing the way you think. Perhaps choosing not to share your thoughts would be pleasant. Then again Westie, I think I am barking up the wrong tree there.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lucy Chambers For This Useful Post:

69patrick69 (10-12-10), Sam Spade (10-12-10)

Who cares if he took drugs? It's nobody's business.

I just feel sorry for his kids. A fatherless Christmas isn't something I would wish on anyone.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by lucy chambers View Post
    Perhaps choosing not to share your thoughts would be pleasant.
    Wouldnt that work both ways? So im supposed to say nothing if i thought he was an arsehole and your ok to say he wasnt. I should stay quiet while you can speak? Thats a funny outlook.

hows that for barking up a tree,
    Westside.

Quote Originally Posted by Westsidex View Post
    Wouldnt that work both ways? So im supposed to say nothing if i thought he was an arsehole and your ok to say he wasnt. I should stay quiet while you can speak? Thats a funny outlook.

hows that for barking up a tree,
    Westside.
    I didn't make any comment on his nature. I didn't know him. I would love it if you would stay quiet while I speak but on past experience I find that unlikely

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Bambaataa View Post
    Who cares if he took drugs? It's nobody's business.

I just feel sorry for his kids. A fatherless Christmas isn't something I would wish on anyone.
    Well it is really, because as we are being told without drug users there would be no drug trade so if u use or buy
    drugs u are partly responsible for the misery murder and mayhem that surrounds the trade. This guy was in the
    public eye and on his show carried out many segments through the years vilifying drugs and all associated with
    them, thats just sheer hypocrisy
    Blatant promotion should be outlawed
    but
    Vincent Browne is a Hero

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast